Acutrol 800mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acutrol C 800 MG Description
Acutrol C Tablet is used to regulate the increased levels of phosphates in blood in individuals with severe kidney disease. It is also used in patients who undergo dialysis. It contains sevelamer, wh
ich belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders. It works by binding to the phosphates and reduces the levels of phosphate in the blood. Acutrol C should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹50.46 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood phosphate levels|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
|Therapy||DRUG FOR CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Sevelamer(800.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Acutrol 800mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Renvela 800mg TabletBy Sanofi30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1524.58₹ 1295.89₹ 43.2/Tablet
- Sevelabind 800mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Repens Healthcare India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 420.00₹ 378.00₹ 37.8/Tablet
- Renecar 800 TabletBy Rene Lifescience Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 400.00₹ 340.00₹ 34/Tablet
- Selbo 800mg TabletBy Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 436.00₹ 370.60₹ 37.06/Tablet
- Sevlaren 800mg TabletBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 453.00₹ 380.52₹ 38.05/Tablet
- Sevcar 800mg TabletBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 531.40₹ 451.69₹ 45.17/Tablet
- Revlamer 800mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.00₹ 157.25₹ 15.73/Tablet
Uses of Acutrol C 800 MG
Acutrol C Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood phosphate levels in patients with severe kidney diseases & is also used patients who undergo dialysis.
Contraindications of Acutrol C 800 MG
- If you are allergic to sevelamer or any other ingredients of Acutrol C Tablet
- If you have difficulty in passing stools
- If you have low levels of phosphorous
Side effects of Acutrol C 800 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acutrol C 800 MG
Can I take Acutrol C Tablet during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Acutrol C Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Acutrol C Tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking Acutrol C Tablet while breastfeeding as it is unknown if sevelamer passes into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acutrol C Tablet?
It is unlikely that Acutrol C Tablet will influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Acutrol C Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Acutrol C Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have undergone a major stomach or bowel surgery
- You have problems with the bowel movement (digestion problem)
- You have difficulty in swallowing foods or liquids
- You have severe stomach pain or intestine disorders
- You notice blood in your stools (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- You are suffering from a condition when the parathyroid gland becomes overactive and leads to a raise in calcium level (hyperparathyroidism) and when thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism)...
- During the treatment you may develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood and therefore your doctor may monitor these levels.
Mode of Action of Acutrol C 800 MG
How Does It Work?
Sevelamer works by binding with phosphates in the intestine and inhibits its absorption thus decreasing blood phosphorus levels. This in turn helps in preventing low calcium levels.
Directions for Use of Acutrol C 800 MG
- Acutrol C Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acutrol C 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acutrol C Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Acutrol C Tablet can reduce the effect of the antibiotic ciprofloxacin when used together.
- Medicines used for heart rhythm problems or for epilepsy like amiodarone, quinidine, phenytoin should be given after a gap of at least 1 hour before and 3 hours after the administration of Acutrol C Tablet...
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole, pantoprazole or lansoprazole may interfere with the efficacy of this tablet on concomitant use
- This medicine can reduce the effect of medicines acting on immune system like ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus when used simultaneously.
- Close monitoring of the hormone levels is recommended if this medicine is taken along with levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels.
Storage and disposal of Acutrol C 800 MG
- Store Acutrol C Tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Acutrol C 800 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of Acutrol C Tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Acutrol C Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Acutrol C Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Acutrol C Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Does Acutrol C Tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, Acutrol C Tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains sevelamer, which belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed