Acnex 20mg Capsule
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Acnex 20mg Cap contains isotretinoin (a form of vitamin A) and is used for the treatment of acne.
Uses of Acnex 20mg Cap
Acnex 20mg Cap is used for the treatment of severe nodular acne. It is also used in the treatment of skin cancer.
Contraindications of Acnex 20mg Cap
- Pregnancy or planning a pregnancy
- Allergic to this medicine
- Children less than 12 years
- Liver disorders
- High levels of lipids (cholesterol, triglycerides) in your blood
- Increased levels of vitamin A in your body (hypervitaminosis A)
- Using medicines such as tetracyclines
Side effects of Acnex 20mg Cap
- Common side effects of Acnex 20mg Cap, which may require dose reduction are abnormal hair growth, bleeding and swelling of gums, bone pain, chapped lips, dry skin, eyes, and mouth, dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds, headache, temporary worsening of acne, hearing and visual disturbancesread less
- Severe side effects include kidney disorders, jaundice, and psychological issues with suicidal tendencies
Precautions and Warnings of Acnex 20mg Cap
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be consumed during pregnancy as it can have severe harmful effects on the foetus. It should not be used even if planning for a pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine} while breastfeeding?
The medicine is not to be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
The medicine can cause drowsiness and visual disturbances at night. Therefore, you should be careful while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Alcohol should not be consumed with the medicine as it can cause increased heart rate, nausea and vomiting.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have excessive dryness of the skin; you may be asked to use a moisturiser
- You have increased liver enzymes or blood cholesterol as this is one of the effects of this medicine
- You have sensitivity to sunlight after taking this medicine as this is one of the effects of the medicine. You should avoid exposure to sunlight in this case
- You experience depression, aggressive tendencies, mood changes, thoughts about hurting yourself, or ending your life during treatment
Mode of Action of Acnex 20mg Cap
How Does It Work?
This medicine shows its effect by decreasing the amount of oil secreted by the oil glands in the skin and helps the skin renew itself.
Directions for Use of Acnex 20mg Cap
Acnex 20mg Cap dosage should be taken exactly as prescribed by the physician.
Interactions of Acnex 20mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Any other form of vitamin A should be avoided as it can cause overdose problems
- Anticonvulsant medications may decrease the effect of this medicine
- Tetracycline may have additive effects when combined with this medicine
- Effect of progesterone-only contraceptive pills may be reduced
Interactions with food items
The capsule should be taken with food to avoid heartburn. Oily and junk food should be avoided during treatment for optimum results.
Storage and disposal of Acnex 20mg Cap
Acnex 20mg Cap should be stored at room temperature and as instructed on the label.
Dosage of Acnex 20mg Cap
Symptoms of overdose of the medicine include headache, loss of balance, stomach ache, facial flushing, dizziness, and vomiting. An overdose of this medicine is dangerous and should be avoided. If you have overdosed on this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, the medicine should be taken as soon as remembered. In case if it is time for the next dose, it should be taken and regular dosing schedule should be maintained. Extra medicine for compensation is not needed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the medicine} be taken without prescription?
A: This medicine can be taken only by prescription of a registered healthcare practitioner. The dose can only be refilled with a prescription.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken by women while using the medicine?
A: The medicine should not be used in women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy and are sexually active with unsafe or no contraception. This medicine causes severe birth defects in the foetus. Therefore, physician should be consulted if becomes pregnant during or immediately after the treatment. Women should avoid pregnancy for at least 1 month after the treatment.
Q: What is the advise for male patients while using the medicine?
A: Male patients are advised to not share the medicine with anyone. The medicine is not known to affect the semen or the unborn baby through it.
Q: What are the other warnings while using the medicine?
A: The medicine should be used only if prescribed by a dermatologist. It should not be used in children below 12 years of age or to treat acne before puberty.
Q: What are the rules to be followed by sexually active women consuming this medicine?
- Women may have to undergo a pregnancy test before, during, and after the treatment
- The doctor should explain the harm caused by the medicine to the unborn baby. Therefore, the patient should take extreme caution while using this medication
- The patient should use a reliable method of contraception. If necessary consult a gynaecologist for the same
- Contraception should be used 1 month before, during, and after the treatment with the medicine
Other Variants for
Acnex 20mg Cap
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved