Price to be Updated
Acnec Injection Description
Acnec Injection is a medicine used to relieve pain and inflammation. It contains diclofenac as an active ingredient. It is used to relieve acute pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, gout, pain
following an operation, due to dental procedures and trauma. This medicine works by blocking the formation of a chemical prostaglandin, responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. The medicines will be given as an injection by a healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic. The dose and duration of the medicine depend on the underlying condition. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem, heart condition, etc.
|Side effects||Injection site pain, swelling, nausea, stomach upset|
Uses of Acnec Injection
- Acnec Injection is used for relieving acute pain conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, pain due to kidney dysfunction and gout attacks.
- It is used to treat or prevent post-operative pain and pain after surgery or dental procedures.
Contraindications of Acnec Injection
- If you are allergic to diclofenac other ingredients of the injection.ou suffer from liver, heart or kidney failure.
- If you have a history of a blood clotting disorder or you tend to bleed easily.
- If you have or had an active stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding problems.
- If you have a history of stomach ulcers or bleed due to the use of painkillers.
- If you recently had surgery or operation, which has an associated risk of bleeding.
- If you are pregnant, in the last trimester, you may have a history of an asthma attack, or you may have dehydration.
- If you are using medicine to stop blood clottings like heparin, or other pain killers like ibuprofen, celecoxib, etc.
- If you have experienced an episode of allergic reaction upon painkiller use like asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion.
- If you suffer from brain and heart diseases like heart attack, stroke, heart failure, problems with blood circulation, or circulatory disease.
Side effects of Acnec Injection
- Injection site pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acnec Injection
Other General Warnings
- You are already using other painkillers.
- Your kidneys are not working properly and you experience swelling and water retention.
- You suffer from skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- You have a hereditary disorder of intolerance to some sugars like lactose and glucose.
- You suffer from autoimmune disorders like systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are trying to conceive or taking treatment for infertility, should discontinue the medicine.
- You have asthma, or you are prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis, and other lung and throat problems.
- You have a history of stomach or bowel disorders like gastrointestinal bleeding or Crohn's disease.
- You are an elderly patient, or with low body weight, the doctor may reduce your dose of the medicine.
- You have liver disease, close monitoring of liver function is required.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, or you are an active smoker.
- You may develop stomach or intestinal bleeding problems during the treatment, the risk is more if you are using aspirin.
Mode of Action of Acnec Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acnec Injection
- Acnec Injection will be given to you in a hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine. Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
Interactions of Acnec Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of diclofenac with medicines like water pills and other blood pressure medicines like furosemide, propranolol, atenolol, and telmisartan decrease the blood pressure lowering effects and thus should be cautiously used in elderly patients....
- Water pills like chlorothiazide, chlorthalidone and immunosuppressants like tacrolimus and ciclosporin may increase the potassium level if taken along with Acnec Injection.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin and medicines to treat brain conditions like escitalopram and fluoxetine increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Using antidiabetics along with the injection affect the blood sugar level. The doctor may ask to monitor blood sugar levels regularly.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin cause fits (you may have a history of fits or seizures) if taken along with the medicine.
- Diclofenac must not be used for 10-12 days after the use of mifepristone, as it reduces the effect of the medicine.
- Other medicines like phenytoin for fits, sulfinpyrazone and voriconazole, colestipol, cholestyramine, lithium used to treat brain conditions and digoxin used to treat heart failure must be used cautiously....
- Inform the doctor about the other medicine, supplement or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Acnec Injection
- Store Acnec Injection below 30°C at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Acnec Injection
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the time of the effect of the injection last?
Q: Is Acnec Injection safe during pregnancy?
Q: How to store Acnec Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- DICLOMAX Injection [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Diclofenac [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Injection D. DICLOTAL-AQ Injection – BLUE CROSS [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Alcohol and NSAIDs Increase Risk for Upper GI Bleeding [Internet]. American Academy of Family Physicians. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]