Acebrolin Syrup 100ml
Acebrolin 50 MG Description
Acebrolin Syrup is used to treat dry cough. It is an oral solution containing ambroxol as the active ingredient. It acts by easing coughing out of sputum. It is used to treat respiratory tract diseas
es associated with abnormal mucous secretions. You need to follow all the instructions of your doctor while taking this medicine. Some of the common side effects of this Syrup are headache, nausea, and diarrhoea. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel they persist, consult your doctor or visit a clinic immediately. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed, but it is better to take it at the same time every day. Shake the Acebrolin Syrup bottle well, before each use. Inform your doctor if you have any existing medical condition and are on any medication for the same.
Uses of Acebrolin 50 MG
- Acebrolin Syrup is used for treating short-duration as well as long-standing diseases of the respiratory tract which are associated with abnormal bronchial secretions.
- It is also used to treat acute attacks of chronic bronchitis in which there is inflammation of the windpipe (bronchi) leading to a long-standing cough and difficulty in breathing.
- It can also be used in the management of asthmatic bronchitis and asthma along with other medications to ease coughing out of the sputum.
- It can also be used to ease coughing out of sputum in case of bronchiectasis in which there is breathing difficulty and long-standing cough formation due to collapse of lung tissue.
- It is also used to ease coughing out of sputum in various infectious conditions like pneumonia, middle ear infection, infection of a paranasal sinus, infection of the nasopharynx.
Contraindications of Acebrolin 50 MG
Side effects of Acebrolin 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- Runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Acebrolin 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have stomach ulcers.
- You have little or no cough production.
- You have any respiratory tract infections.
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold.
- You have reduced mucous secretions.
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking Acebrolin Syrup.
Mode of Action of Acebrolin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acebrolin 50 MG
- You should take Acebrolin Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you took this syrup with meals.
- Your physician will decide the amount of this medicine and its frequency.
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest.
Interactions of Acebrolin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Acebrolin Syrup may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat cough or cold (cough suppressant) with Acebrolin Syrup may affect the removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of certain antibiotics like Amoxicillin, Cefuroxime and Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken concomitantly with this syrup.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Acebrolin 50 MG
- Store Acebrolin Syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Acebrolin 50 MG
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you took the doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect.
- If you have missed any dose of Acebrolin Syrup, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.