Short Term Ailments
What are Short Term Ailments Products
Short term ailments are health issues that are acute and do not last very long. These ailments have readily available remedies both in medical science and Ayurveda. Products that help alleviate the symptoms of such short term ailments like cough, cold, fungal infections, stomach aches and headache are usually available as over-the-counter (OTC) products.
What is Short Term Ailments Products used for
The several short term ailment treatment products available both online and offline are used for the effective treatment of trivial health issues that do not necessarily reduce the quality of life in the long term. However, if such ailments are left untreated, symptoms may worsen and lead to further health complications.
Types of Short Term Ailments Products
- Anti Fungal: Powders, soaps, gels and creams are readily available to treat different types of fungal infections that may manifest usually on the skin.
- ENT Care: Ear drops, earbuds, nasal sprays, nasal drops and throat care lozenges, are some of the major ENT care products that help relieve discomfort from short term ailments of the ear, nose and throat.
- Bone, Joint & Muscle Care: Diclofenac gels and sprays, along with joint support and other products are all designed to help manage pain due to injuries or ailments of the bone, joint and muscles.
- Eye Care: Since the eyes are the most sensitive organs in our body, eye care products like eyelid wipes, eye drops, rinsing solutions, eye masks, and under-eye creams and drops, help to care for our eyes.
- First Aid: First aid products like bandages, bandaids, antiseptic solutions, cotton rolls, gauze, and fixation tapes are also some of the short term ailment products that provide instant relief and care.
- Stomach Care: Stomach care products usually comprise antacids, constipation syrups and powders and tablets for relieving gas and acid reflux.
- Cough, Cold & Fever: Products that help manage symptoms of cough, cold, and fever, like headaches and runny nose are part of this category of short term ailment products.
- Pain Relief: For instant and short term ailment relief of pain, herbal pain balms and diclofenac gels are available in this category of products.
Top Short Term Ailments Brands & USPs
Some of the most well-known and trusted brands in this category are Amrutanjan, LivEasy, EverHerb, Candid, Abzorb, Bibo, Vicks and Himalaya.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if I have an allergic reaction to a pain balm?
You should avoid rubbing the affected area and immediately seek a doctor’s advice.
What to do if certain eye drops irritate my eyes?
Consult your doctor to check if you are allergic to certain ingredients used in most common eye drops.
What to do if antifungal powders have no effect?
In such a case, your infection might be serious and you may need to consult a dermatologist.
Can I consume antacids regularly?
- It is advisable not to do so because they contain high concentrations of alkali salts.