Vicks Vaporub 50ml, Relief From Cold, Cough, Headache And Body Pain
- Vicks Vaporub balm helps to ease cough and cold symptoms quickly and conveniently.
- Chest congestion and respiratory discomfort can be relieved due to the potent Vicks Vaporub ingredients like Eucalyptus oil, Camphor and more.
- Apart from coughs, another benefit of Vicks Vaporub is pain relief for cracked heels, joint and muscle pains.
- It is made from herbal ingredients, making it safe for use with children and adults.
- The fast action of Vicks Vaporub balm starts working immediately after applying to the neck and chest, providing long-lasting relief from nasal stuffiness up to 8 hours.
- You do not need a prescription to buy Vicks Vaporub.
The Vicks Vaporub is an effective balm that helps alleviate multiple symptoms of cough and cold. Upper respiratory and middle respiratory congestions can be very uncomfortable and often reduce the quality of your life for several days on end. With Vicks Vaporub, you can easily escape from these uneasy symptoms of chest congestion and blockages in the nasal passage due to the common cold. This wonderful concoction, that is now a household name, is made from both medicinal and herbal extracts to provide quick and long-lasting relief from symptoms of cough and cold.
- It is easy to apply and provides fast relief when you need it the most.
- Vicks Vaporub comes in a small, easy to carry bottle so that you can get relief anywhere you go.
- It is made from traditional, ayurvedic ingredients that are known to ease symptoms of bronchial irritation, congestion and cough.
- When used correctly, it can give relief for the entire day.
- While Vicks Vaporub cannot cure respiratory issues on its own, it gives you symptom-free time to get better when taken along with medication.
- It can also be applied to joints and muscles to relieve aches and pains that can occur either due to sore muscles and joints or even a fever.
- Another potential (and relatively unknown) benefit of Vicks Vaporub is stretch mark reduction.
- Bishop's weed- Thought to be helpful with asthma, psoriasis, chest pain and itchy skin.
- Turpentine oil- Helps to relieve congestion when inhaled, also causes warmth and redness when applied to the skin, which brings pain relief.
- Nutmeg oil- It has various beneficial properties, from pain relief and diarrhoea to improving blood circulation.
- Eucalyptus oil- Reduces nasal congestion by acting on the mucous membranes.
- Menthol- Provides a cooling effect while breathing, allowing you to feel relief even when experiencing congestion.
- Camphor- A known decongestant and helps to suppress coughs.
- Vicks Vaporub is used mainly to get relief from respiratory issues like cough, chest and nasal congestion and throat irritation.
- Applying Vicks Vaporub for wheezing is another common use. It helps to ease the throat that reduces the urge to wheeze and cough.
- Using Vicks Vaporub for sneezing may also provide some relief.
- Vicks Vaporub is also used for general pain relief with headaches, joint pains and muscle sprains.
How to Use
- Apply an ample amount on the chest, neck and throat and spread it evenly all across the skin.
- Repeat the application till the symptoms disappear.
For muscle and joint pains-
- Only use Vicks Vaporub for minor aches and pains.
- Take a pea-sized amount of Vicks and apply it to the affected area.
- Massage it on the skin gently. You may cover the area with a clean cloth if required.
- You can repeat this multiple times a day.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Keep away from moisture and heat.
- Store away from children.
- Close the bottle cover properly after each use.
- For external use only.
- Rinse eyes or mouth thoroughly with water if they come in contact with Vicks.
Q1: Can I use it for my children below the age of 2 years?
Ans: No, it is recommended for use only for children above the age of 2 years.
Q2: What do I do if it enters my eyes?
Ans: Wash your eyes thoroughly with room temperature water that is clean, apply a cold wet cotton cloth over your eyes and consult a doctor immediately.
Q3: What happens if I swallow it?
Ans: If you ingest it by mistake, you need to see a doctor immediately because it is inedible.
Q4: What to do if Vicks doesn’t help with my symptoms?
Ans: Remember to check for the expiry date on the label and if it is within expiration, then consult a doctor for further diagnosis.
Q5: Can I use Vicks Vaporub when pregnant?
Ans: Yes, Vicks Vaporub is considered safe to use during pregnancy.
Q6: How to use Vicks Vaporub on toenail fungus?
Ans: Apply Vicks Vaporub every night to the toenail and all the area around it. Repeat this until the infection has disappeared. Results may vary among individuals, but in most cases, taking antifungal medication will work faster.
Q7: Is Vicks Vaporub good for cracked heels?
Ans: Vicks Vaporub contains petroleum jelly, which can help to lock in moisture and ease cracked heels. However, results may vary depending on your skin condition.
Q8: What to do if a baby eats Vicks Vaporub?
Ans: Immediately clean the baby’s mouth to remove any Vicks residue, observe their breathing and watch for any changes. If no adverse reaction is detected there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise, please seek medical attention.
Q9: Is Vicks Vaporub good for acne?
Ans: Vicks Vaporub may clog the pores due to its oily, heavy properties. It may not be appropriate for pimples and acne.