N95 Mask: Breath free with this Anti-pollution mask!
The air you breathe could threaten your health. It is loaded with pollutants, viruses, and bacteria that can trigger multiple health disorders. The N95 mask is your way out of this problem. Wear it every time you step out to keep illnesses at bay. With the convenience of online shopping, you don’t need to venture out of your home to buy this essential commodity. You can buy the N95 mask online from PharmEasy’s range of pollution masks at the best prices.
Q.) Are N95 masks waterproof?
Yes, N95 face masks are made in such a way that fluids from outside cannot penetrate the mask and enter your nose or mouth. So, it can withstand a gentle spray of water and respiratory particles emitted when someone coughs or sneezes. But it can get dripping wet if splashed with water.
Q.) Can an N95 mask be worn when it rains?
If an N95 mask gets drenched in the rain, it is best not to use it. Because a clogged mask makes it very difficult to breathe. It will also lose its efficacy.
Q.) Are N95 masks effective during the monsoon season?
Yes, N95 masks function their usual way during monsoons. But you must check if your mask is wet. The mask works by trapping particles with electrostatic charges. If the mask is wet, it will become ineffective.
Q.) What are N95 masks? What are their uses?
- The N95 mask is a personal protective gear that can protect you from air pollutants, airborne diseases, and diseases spread by respiratory particles like the current pandemic. It can filter out most atmospheric particles, even those as minuscule as 3 microns that include dust and fumes.
- The 'N95' name means it can block approximately 95 percent of harmful air particles from entering your body via nose and mouth.
- They are also known as pollution face mask or air filter mask N95.
- It helps you protect yourself from the transmission of droplet-based virus or bacteria, dust, polluted air, fiber particles, allergy-causing pollens.
Q.) Are N95 masks effective against coronavirus?
Yes, the N95 mask works against coronavirus but only if you wear it properly. It should fit snugly over your chin, cheeks, and nose.
Q.) Difference between N95, surgical mask and other masks in the market (comparison table)
|Surgical masks are loose fitted||N95 masks are tight fitted|
|The edges of the mask are not designed to form a seal around the nose and mouth.||The edges of the mask are designed to form a seal around the nose and the mouth.|
|It does not provide reliable level of respiratory protection and does not protect from smaller particles.||It protects you from inhaling 95% of particulate matter including small & large particles.|
|It should be discarded after a single use.||It should ideally be discarded after a single use, but can be used until the mask gets damaged, dirty, becomes wet or if you are unable to breathe and it is not forming effective seal.|
|Leakage may occur around the edges while inhaling in this mask.||When the mask is properly fitted, minimum leakage may occur around the edges|
Q.) How to wear an N95 mask?
- Wash your hands before putting on the mask.
- It must cover both your nose and mouth to protect you from inhaling in infected droplets or dust.
- It should be worn properly, to work effectively.
- But you should also remember, using the mask will only be effective when you wash your hands regularly with sanitizer or a handwash while handling the mask.
- Never touch the mask with unclean hands as it can transmit the viruses or bacteria from your hands onto your mask.
- If you need to adjust or touch your mask, first wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitiser and then adjust it.
Q.) Are N95 masks reusable?
- N95 masks comes under the category of “limited reuse”. Products are mostly meant for single use and not intended to be used more than once.
- However, if you take proper care it can be used effectively for extended periods.
- Store in proper packaging and Clean hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after touching or adjusting the mask.
- Avoid touching the inside of the mask. If you happen to touch the inside part of mask accidentally clean your hands.
- If your mask is damaged or dirty, or if it becomes difficult for you to breathe, you should remove the face mask, discard it properly, and replace it with a new one.
- To safely discard the mask, you should remove it from the sides of the ears and never touch the part that covers your nose and mouth. You should place it in a plastic bag and throw it away in a closed dustbin. Immediately should wash your hands after handling the used N95 mask.
Q.) When to wear a pollution mask?
Wear the mask whenever you step out of your house, be it for work, grocery shopping or visiting your family.
Q.) Can we clean a pollution mask and how?
No, it is meant for one time use or “limited reuse” and it should not be washed or cleaned.
Q.) What is a valve on a mask and its benefits?
The exhalation valve on the mask allows the air you breathe out to escape from the mask so that you do not inhale exhaled air.
Q.) Can an expired N95 face mask be used?
No, an expired N95 face mask loses its ability to block aerial particles and will not save you from pollutants