Montas L Tablet
Montas-L tablet is used for providing relief from allergic rhinitides such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It is a combinati
on medicine montelukast and levocetirizine. This medicine blocks the release of chemical substances, histamine and leukotrienes responsible for allergic symptoms. You may experience dizziness as a side effect and thus it is recommended to take this medicine at bedtime. Montas-L tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Montas-L tablet.
|You Save||₹24.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
Uses of MONTAS L TABLET
Contraindications of MONTAS L TABLET
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any other ingredients of Montas-L tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of MONTAS L TABLET
- Stomach pain
- Blocked or runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of MONTAS L TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Montas-L tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Directions for Use of MONTAS L TABLET
Storage and disposal of MONTAS L TABLET
- Store Montas-L tablets below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of MONTAS L TABLET
- Montas L tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as a runny or stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and other allergic symptoms....
- Take the tablet at the same time each day, as directed by your doctor.
- Continue taking the medication even if you are feeling better unless your doctor tells you to stop.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- Before starting Montas L tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Montas L tablet does not treat acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
- Headache, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this tablet. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or if your condition does not improve over time....
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Montas L tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of MONTAS L TABLET
- An overdose of Montas-L tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Montas-L tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of MONTAS L TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Interactions of MONTAS L TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Montas-L tablet works, or the Montas-L tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have low mood condition. Can Montas-L tablet worsen it?
Q: Can I take Montas-L tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Can I take Montas-L tablet in pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Montas-L tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: Is Montas-L tablet an antibiotic?
Q: When can I eat Montas-L?
Q: Can I take Montas L for covid?
Q: What is the Montas-L tablet used for?
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- MnTL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]