Zylera 5mg Tablet
Zylera 5 MG Description
Zylera Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its active
medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Zylera Tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
- Kylazine 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 30.03₹
- Alnacet 5mg TabletBy Alna Biotech Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 35.00₹
- Okacet L TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.70₹ 43.89₹
- Levozet 5mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.30₹ 29.61₹
- Cetcip L 5mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.10₹ 57.03₹
- Levocetrizen 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 24.50₹
- Elriz 5mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.70₹ 77.09₹
- Astrizine TabletBy Umano Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.50₹ 39.50₹
- Xyzal 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.50₹ 153.42₹
- Lecope 5mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 29.85₹ 25.37₹
Uses of Zylera 5 MG
- Zylera Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Zylera 5 MG
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Zylera Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Zylera 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Zylera 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Zylera 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zylera 5 MG
- Take Zylera Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Zylera 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zylera Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Zylera Tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Zylera 5 MG
- Store Zylera Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zylera 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Zylera Tablet to work?
Q: Does Zylera Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking Zylera Tablet?
Q: Can I take Zylera Tablet along with paracetamol?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]