Zoldric 4mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoldric 4 MG Description
Zoldric Powder For Injection is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and to prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood which is
too high due to the presence of cancer. It contains zoledronic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to the bisphosphonates class of medicines. The dose, duration, and frequency of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Zoldric Powder For Injection will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
|You Save||₹461.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoporosis, high blood calcium level|
|Side effects||Low level of calcium in blood, kidney problems|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(4.0 Mg)
Uses of Zoldric 4 MG
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Prevent bone complications such as fractures in an adult patient with bone cancer
- Helps to reduce the amount of calcium in adult patients that occurs as a result of cancer.
Contraindications of Zoldric 4 MG
- If you are allergic to zoledronic acid, any other biphosphates or any of the ingredients of Zoldric Powder For Injection.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zoldric 4 MG
- kidney problem
- Low level of calcium in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Zoldric 4 MG
Can I take Zoldric 4mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
Zoldric Powder For Injection is not recommended to be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Zoldric 4mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Zoldric Powder For Injection is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zoldric 4mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
You may rarely experience drowsy or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Zoldric 4mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Zoldric Powder For Injection. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have less amount of calcium in the blood. As it may lead to dry skin, burning sensation, muscle twitch, seizures, spasms, irregular heartbeat, etc. In such conditions, the doctor might give you adequate calcium and vitamin D supplements before starting the treatment with this injection....
- You have or had kidney problems.
- You have a history or currently have pain, swelling or numbness, or heaviness of the jaw. The doctor might recommend a dental examination before starting the treatment.
- You are having any kind of dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery.
- You experience unusual signs in the mouth or teeth such as pain swelling, loose teeth etc. Because it can be a sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw (a condition of bone disease that occurs when there is a loss of blood to the bone). ...
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or taking any steroids, have gum disease, or smoke, then there are more chances of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- It is recommended to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment with Zoldric Powder For Injection.
Mode of Action of Zoldric 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Zoledronic acid works by attaching itself to the bone and slowing down the rate of bone change. It strengthens the bones and minimizes the risk of bones breaking by inhibiting bone removal (resorption) by osteoclasts (a type of bone cell that destroy bone tissue)....
Directions for Use of Zoldric 4 MG
- Zoldric Powder For Injection will be given in the hospital or clinic by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine and follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Zoldric 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Zoldric Powder For Injection or Zoldric Powder For Injection itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Concomitant use of Zoldric Powder For Injection and medicines used to treat severe infections, calcitonin (to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and hypercalcaemia), diuretics, or any other calcium lowering medicines. As it can lead to a drastic drop in blood calcium levels....
- Avoid simultaneous use of Zoldric Powder For Injection and thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood and bone cancer), or any other medicine to treat cancer, as it may lead to osteonecrosis (a condition of bone death caused by poor blood supply)....
- Avoid taking any other medicine that is already containing zoledronic acid, to avoid toxicity or any unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Zoldric 4 MG
- Zoldric Powder For Injection should be stored in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C but no longer than 24 hours.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zoldric 4 MG
Zoldric Powder For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on the medicine. If you experience symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when Zoldric Powder For Injection should be given to you. Thus, it is unlikely that a dose of this medicine will be missed. If the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zoldric Powder For Injection used for?
A: Zoldric Powder For Injection is used to treat or prevent the weakening of the bones (osteoporosis) caused by menopause. It helps prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood due to the presence of cancer.
Q: What is Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
A: Osteonecrosis of the jaw is a condition of severe bone disease that occurs when due to less supply of blood to the bone.
Q: Does Zoldric Powder For Injection cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
A: Yes, Zoldric Powder For Injection may cause Osteonecrosis (bone damage ) of the jaw, as a side effect. Therefore, to prevent this condition maintain good oral hygiene and have regular dental check-ups during the treatment with Zoldric Powder For Injection. If you experience any unusual signs of mouth and teeth, speak to your doctor.
Q: Is Zoldric Powder For Injection a habit forming medicine?
A: No, it has no habit-forming tendencies.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B2 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed