Zinetac 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zinetac 150 mg tablet is used in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn, indigestion and gastroesophageal reflux disease. It contains ranitidine as its active ingredient. This medicine should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate yourself. Along with Zinetac, you need to make a slight change in your daily routine including less oily and spicy food, quit alcohol and smoke, etc for maximum results....
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zinetac 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Uses of Zinetac 150 MG
- Zinetac 150 mg tablet is used for the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn and indigestion.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe causing heartburn.
- For a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome where the stomach produces too much acid due to the presence of a tumour.
Contraindications of Zinetac 150 MG
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of Zinetac 150 tablet.
Side effects of Zinetac 150 MG
You may rarely experience headache, itching, rashes or fever.
Precautions and Warnings of Zinetac 150 MG
Can I take the Zinetac 150 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Zinetac can be used by pregnant women only when prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Zinetac 150 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid taking Zinetac if you are breastfeeding as ranitidine passes into human milk. Consult with your doctor before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zinetac 150 mg tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zinetac 150 mg tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Zinetac 150 mg tablet. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems, as dose adjustments may be needed.
- You are taking painkillers and are suffering from a peptic ulcer.
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem, etc.
- You are an adult or an elderly person suffering from dyspeptic (indigestion).
- You have a history of any blood disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
- You are an older person having compromised immunity, lungs disorder or diabetes.
Mode of Action of Zinetac 150 MG
How Does It Work?
The stomach produces acid to digest food. When this acid is produced in excess, it can lead to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Zinetac 150 mg tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerned indigestion and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Zinetac 150 MG
- Take the Zinetac 150 mg tablet as your doctor has advised you.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It should preferably be taken after meals.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zinetac 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Zinetac 150 mg tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin and ant-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, close monitoring is needed.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for a brain-related disorder like diazepam, triazolam, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, antihypertensive medicines, anti-HIV medicines, anti-cancer medicines, heart-related medicines, etc....
Storage and disposal of Zinetac 150 MG
- Store Zinetac 150 tablet below 25°C, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Zinetac 150 MG
There are no known symptoms of an overdose. However, if you have taken too much of zinetac, seek medical help or call the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach causing heartburn, difficulty in swallowing and food regurgitation.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
- Yes, you can control acidity problem by incorporating certain lifestyle modifications. Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, avoid lying down for 1 hour after a meal. Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid pressure on your abdomen....
- Avoid sugary drinks, processed food, meat, sodas, a high protein diet. Limit alcohol consumption and quit smoking.
- Consult your doctor for more personalised information on diet and lifestyle modifications.
Q: How long should I take the Zinetac 150 mg tablet?
A: Use it only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Prolonged use is not recommended.
Q: When should I take the Zinetac 150 mg tablet?
A: Take it exactly as told by your treating doctor. It should preferably be taken after having your meal.
Q: Can smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: Is there any substitute for Zinetac 150?
A: There are different brands having the same ingredient. However, it is advised to take the recommended brand only.
Q: Can I take Zinetac 150 daily?
A: You can take Zinetac as per the need or as advised by the doctor. However, it is advised to not take this medicine for more than a week unless prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What is the composition of Zinetac 150?
A: The composition of Zinetac 150 consists of ranitidine as its active ingredient.
Expires on or After