Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zerodol MR Tablet is used to relieve pain in the lower back. It is also used to treat pain and spasm associated with joints and muscles. Zerodol MR tablet contains Aceclofenac and Tizanidine as its a
tive components. Its mechanism is based on the painkiller effect of aceclofenac and the muscle relaxant effect of tizanidine. Pain and inflammation are caused in response to an injury or harm. Your body produces certain chemicals that cause the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. This medicine inhibits the action of these chemicals and eases pain and swelling. However, it also interrupts the signal transmission process to and from the brain and spinal cord, thus relieving muscle spasms and associated pain. Eventually, Zerodol MR helps in restoring the movement of muscles and joints. Do not use alcohol and prescription or OTC medications that may cause sedation (e.g., antidepressants, anxiolytics, sleep medications, etc.) without consulting the prescriber. Do not skip a dose or consume more than that recommended by the doctor. Also, do not take this medicine for a longer duration, as it may cause damage to the liver. Small frequent meals may help reduce nausea or vomiting; frequent mouth care or sucking on lozenges may help relieve dry mouth. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac or tizanidine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to other pain killers (or NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Diclofenac.
- If you have a history of stomach ulcers or bleeding, bleeding or perforation (tear) from the gastrointestinal tract.
- If you have any bleeding or blood clotting disorders or blood circulation problems.
- If you have heart problems like stroke, heart attack or heart failure.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions upon painkiller consumption like asthmatic attack, runny nose and skin reactions.
- If you're suffering from any liver or kidney disease.
- If you are taking on medications like Fluvoxamine (used to treat psychiatric illness) or ciprofloxacin (antibiotic).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Side effects of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Urinary tract infection
Precautions and Warnings of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver function or any other pre-existing health condition.
- You have stomach or intestine issues like bleeding, inflammatory bowel disease or stomach tumour.
- You have blood circulations problems or bleeding disorders or are taking blood thinners.
- You have a condition known as porphyria or lupus or chickenpox.
- You have asthma or breathing issues or are a smoker.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or high cholesterol or fats.
- You recently had major surgery and are recovering from it.
- This medicine can affect your liver function and there can be variations in liver enzyme levels.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children and the elderly over 65 years of age.
Directions for Use of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Take the Zerodol MR tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- Take it regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store the Zerodol MR tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused or expired medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- The combination of aceclofenac and tizanidine in the Zerodol MR is based on the pain killer effect of aceclofenac and the muscle relaxant effect of tizanidine.
- Aceclofenac blocks or inhibits the action of certain chemicals produced in the body which is responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation and thus helps to ease pain and reduce swelling....
- Tizanidine interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasms and pain associated with it. Thus eventually, this medicine helps in restoring the movement of muscle and joints....
Interactions of ZERODOL MR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zerodol works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Especially, if you are taking anti-HIV medicine, heart-related medicines, water pills, antidiabetic medicines, immunosuppressants, blood thinners like warfarin, etc.
- Zerodol MR tablet should not be used concomitantly along with antipsychotic medications like fluvoxamine and antibiotics, as it decreases the blood pressure significantly, increases sleepiness and reduces many other functions also....
- Concomitant use of painkillers, steroids and antiplatelets like Clopidogrel, should be avoided as it can cause stomach and intestine bleeding.
- The use of antidiabetics along with this medicine can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor your blood sugar level regularly.
- Antibiotics like Levofloxacin can cause fits if you have a history of fits or seizures if taken along with this medicine.
- Other medicines like Lithium, Ticlopidine, Cimetidine, Morphine or Tizanidine should be used cautiously.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Zerodol MR tablet a painkiller?
Q: Can I take the Zerodol MR tablet along with other painkillers?
Q: What is the difference between Zerodol MR and Zerodol SP tablet?
Q: Can a diabetic patient use Zerodol MR?
Q: Can Zerodol MR be combined with paracetamol?
Q: Is the Zerodol MR safe?
Q: Does the Zerodol MR tablet cause drowsiness?
Q: What is Zerodol-MR Tablet?
Q: Can the use of Zerodol-MR tablets cause nausea and vomiting?
Q: Can Zerodol-Mr be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: How long does it take for Zerodol to work?
Q: Does Zerodol-Mr cause low BP?
Q: What is the composition of Zerodol Mr?
Q: Does Zerodol Mr make you sleep?
Q: What is MR in Zerodol Mr tablet?
Q: Does Zerodol Mr cause dry mouth?
Q: Can Zerodol mr be taken for arthritic pain?
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated tablet [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- DailyMed - TIZANIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- ZANAFLEX Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 August 2022]