Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Zerodol MR Tablet contains a combination of two medicines, Aceclofenac and Tizanidine. Aceclofenac is an anti-inflammatory agent and Tizanidine is a muscle relaxant. This medicine is used to relieve pain in the lower back. It is also used to treat pain and spasm associated with joints and muscles. Do not take this medicine if you are having any heart, liver or kidney problems or are pregnant. You should take Zerodol MR tablets after your meals. Some side effects of this medicine are stomach pain, gas, diarrhoea and indigestion. Tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, herbs or supplements you take or diseases and conditions you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zerodol MR tablet is used in adults to treat acute low back pain and spasms which may be caused due to muscle sprains or strains and muscle injuries.
Contraindications of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Aceclofenac or Tizanidine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to other pain killers (or NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Diclofenac.
- If you have a history of stomach ulcers or bleeding, bleeding or perforation (tear) from the gastrointestinal tract.
- If you have any bleeding or blood clotting disorders or blood circulation problem.
- If you have heart problems like stroke, heart attack or heart failure.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction upon painkiller consumption like asthmatic attack, runny nose and skin reactions.
- If you're suffering from any liver or kidney disease.
- If you are taking on medications like Fluvoxamine (used to treat psychiatric illness) or ciprofloxacin (antibiotic).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Side effects of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Urinary tract infection
Precautions and Warnings of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Zerodol MR Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Zerodol MR tablets in human pregnancy but components of this medicine are known to be unsafe in pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Zerodol MR Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Zerodol MR tablet passes into human milk and there is limited information available on its safety on the breastfed infant and lactating women. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zerodol MR Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, dizziness, sleepiness while on treatment with Zerodol MR tablets. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Zerodol MR Tablet?
It is recommended not to consume alcohol while taking Zerodol MR tablet, as alcohol can lead to an increase in the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver function.
- You have stomach or intestine issues like bleeding, inflammatory bowel disease or stomach tumor.
- You have blood circulations problems or bleeding disorder or are taking blood thinners
- You have a condition known as porphyria or lupus or chicken pox.
- You have asthma or breathing issues or are a smoker.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or high cholesterol or fats.
- You recently had major surgery and are recovering from it.
- This medicine can affect your liver function and there can be variations in liver enzyme levels.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children and elderly over 65 years of age.
Mode of Action of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Aceclofenac and Tizanidine in Zerodol MR is based on the pain killer effect of Aceclofenac and the muscle relaxant effect of Tizanidine.
- Aceclofenac blocks or inhibits the action of certain chemicals produced in the body which is responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation and thus helps to ease pain and reduce swelling.read less
- Tizanidine interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasm and pain associated with it. Thus eventually, this medicine helps in restoring the movement of muscle and joints.read less
Directions for Use of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Zerodol MR tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- Take it regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Zerodol MR tablet should not be used concomitantly along with medications like Fluvoxamine (used to treat psychiatric illness) or Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), as it decreases the blood pressure significantly, increases sleepiness and reduces many other functions also.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with other pain killers like Aspirin, Steroids, antiplatelets like Clopidogrel, should be avoided as it can cause stomach and intestine bleeding.
- Concomitant use along with Digoxin (used to treat heart failure) and Zidovudine (medicines used to treat HIV infection) should be avoided, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
- You should not use this medicine for 8-12 days after taking Mifepristone, as it can reduce its effects.
- Concomitant use along with diuretics (water pills) can increase the risk of toxicity in the kidney.
- Concomitant use along with Warfarin (blood-thinners), Diazepam and Fluoxetine (used to treat psychiatric illnesses) can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Use of antidiabetics along with this medicine can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Medicines used to modify immune response like Methotrexate, Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus if taken along with this medicine can cause kidney problems.
- Antibiotics like Levofloxacin can cause fits if you have a history of fits or seizures if taken along with this medicine.
- Other medicines like Lithium, Ticlopidine, Cimetidine, Morphine or Tizanidine should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Zerodol MR tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
- Discard any unused or expired medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw into the drain
Dosage of Zerodol Mr Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Zerodol MR are nausea, headache, pain in the stomach and abdomen, vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness, ringing in the ears, fits, lack of energy, confusion, low blood pressure or heart rate, breathing problems and coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Excess of Zerodol MR tablet may lead to liver or kidney impairment.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zerodol MR tablet, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Zerodol MR tablets?
A: Zerodol MR tablet use mainly deals with treating acute low back pain that is associated with muscle spasms in adults.
Q: Is Zerodol MR tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, Zerodol MR tablet is a painkiller. However, it is not meant for all types of pain.
Q: Can I take Zerodol MR tablet along with other painkillers?
A: No, it is usually not recommended to take other pain killers with this medicine, as the risk of stomach inflammation, stomach and intestine bleeding and ulcers increases. Hence, do not take any other painkillers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Mefenamic acid, Indomethacin, etc. if you are taking this medicine. Also, remember not to take this medicine if you are allergic or previously had any allergic reactions to other pain killers.
Q: Can Zerodol MR tablets be taken twice a day?
A: You should take Zerodol MR tablets in dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not increase the dose on your own if there is no relief in pain. Seek advice from your treating doctor,
Q: What is the difference between Zerodol MR and Zerodol SP tablets?
A: Zerodol MR tablet is a combination of two medicines, Aceclofenac and Tizanidine, whereas Zerodol SP tablet is a combination of three medicines, Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Serratiopeptidase. Both of these medicines are used for different conditions.
Q: Can diabetic patient use Zerodol MR?
A: Yes it can be used by a diabetic patient.However, Zerodol MR is known to interfere with the action of certain anti-diabetic medicine and can alter your blood sugar levels. Be cautious while using this medicine, frequent glucose monitoring is recommended.
Q: Can Zerodol MR be combined with paracetamol?
A: No, Zerodol MR already contains paracetamol taking another medicine containing paracetamol can increase the risk of getting side effects.
Q: Is Zerodol MR safe?
A: Yes, if used as per the prescribed dose for the specific duration. If you take too much of this or consume it for prolonged duration the chances of getting side effects are more.
Q: Does Zerodol MR tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, components of this medicine can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Hence it is advised to avoid activities that need the individual to be alert like driving or operating heavy machinery.
- EMA. SmPC. Aceclofenac Tablets. [Accessed on 14.Aug.2020] (online)
- EMA. PIL. Aceclofenac Tablets. [Accessed on 14.Aug.2020] (online)
- DailyMed. Tizanidine hydrochloride Tablets. [Accessed on 14.Aug.2020] (online)
- USPI. Zanaflex Capsules. [Accessed on 14.Aug.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Aceclofenac + Tizanidine Tablets. [Accessed on 14.Aug.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 02 Nov 2020 | 05:57 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved