Xylin 400mg Tablets
By BIOMAX BIOTECHNICS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xylin 400 MG Description
Xylin Tablet contains doxofylline as its active ingredient. It is used to treat lung disorders like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Do not use this medicine if you are allerg
ic to it, are breastfeeding, suffering from heart problems like low blood pressure and heart attack. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹10.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Doxofylline(400.0 Mg)
Uses of Xylin 400 MG
Xylin Tablet is used for the treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Xylin 400 MG
- If you are allergic to doxofylline or any other ingredient of Xylin Tablet.
- If you have heart problems such as heart attack, low blood pressure, etc.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Xylin 400 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Xylin 400 MG
Can I take Xylin Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Xylin Tablet as there is limited information about its effect during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Xylin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Xylin Tablet must not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xylin Tablet?
Xylin Tablet does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you experience any side effects after using this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Xylin Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Xylin Tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Xylin Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, lungs, liver, or kidneys.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a history of stomach ulcers.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You smoke cigarettes.
- You develop an allergic reaction or do not notice any improvement in your condition while using Xylin Tablet.
- You are taking medicines containing erythromycin, lincomycin, clindamycin, allopurinol, cimetidine, influenza vaccine, or propranolol.
Mode of Action of Xylin 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Xylin Tablet works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the airways, widening them, and making it easier to breathe.
Directions for Use of Xylin 400 MG
- Xylin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xylin 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xylin Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like ephedrine, erythromycin, lincomycin, clindamycin, allopurinol, cimetidine, phenytoin, influenza vaccine, and propranolol.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid consuming food items containing caffeine while on treatment with Xylin Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Xylin 400 MG
- Store Xylin Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Xylin 400 MG
Overdose of Xylin Tablet may lead to low blood pressure and unconsciousness. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Xylin Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Xylin Tablet?
A: Xylin Tablet is used for the treatment of bronchial asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Xylin Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver, or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby.
- Xylin Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Are there any side effects with Xylin Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, insomnia while on treatment with Xylin Tablet.
Q: How long should I use Xylin Tablet?
A: You should use Xylin Tablet for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor even if you start feeling better.
Q: Is Xylin a steroid?
A: No, Xylin Tablet is not a steroid. It contains doxofylline as the active ingredient which is a bronchodilator medicine.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed