Xtor 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xtor Tablet is a lipid-lowering medicine containing Atorvastatin as its active moiety. It is also known as 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors'. Atorvastatin in Xtor Tablet decreases the synthesis of cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for cholesterol formation. You should take this medicine preferably before going to bed to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming a high fat, fried and junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefits along with Xtor Tablet....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xtor 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Xtor 10 MG
Xtor Tablet is used to lower your cholesterol level, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood) and prevent any heart problems like a heart attack.
Contraindications of Xtor 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin or any other components of Xtor Tablet.
- If you have or ever had any liver disease, any abnormality in the liver function test.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Xtor 10 MG
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- An abnormal liver function test and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Xtor 10 MG
Can I take Xtor Tablet during pregnancy?
Xtor Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine that can harm the foetus. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Xtor Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as there is limited information available on the use of Xtor Tablet during breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine unless it is prescribed after considering it to be essential and safe by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xtor Tablet?
There is limited information available on the ability to drive or use machines, however, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Xtor Tablet?
Drinking too much alcohol can raise the levels of some fats in the blood. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on Xtor Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicines.
- You are taking medicines for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have respiratory failure.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You have an inability to digest lactose (lactose intolerance).
Mode of Action of Xtor 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Xtor Tablet inhibits this enzyme thus lowering bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and also other lipids or fats in the blood. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Xtor 10 MG
Xtor Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. It should not be broken, crushed or chewed. It is recommended to take it at night before going to bed....
Interactions of Xtor 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- HIV medications such as ritonavir with Xtor Tablet can result in severe side effects.
- Erythromycin (antibiotic) taken with Xtor Tablet can result in increased side effects.
- It should be ensured that fusidic acid is taken in a proper gap with this medicine, a minimum gap of seven days is advised.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of grapefruit juice during the prescription of this medicine must be limited to avoid any side effects.
Storage and disposal of Xtor 10 MG
- Store it at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Check its expiry date before starting the treatment.
Dosage of Xtor 10 MG
Excess of Xtor Tablet can result in dizziness, muscular breakdown, lack of appetite and increased allergic reactions. If you think you have taken too much dose of this medicine than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed or have forgotten to take a single dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. But if its time for your next dose, skip the forgotten dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Xtor Tablet cause diabetes?
A: If you have experienced an increase in blood sugar level, inform your doctor. A slight increase in sugar level can occur after taking Xtor Tablet. Regularly check your blood levels if you are on this treatment.
Q: Is Xtor Tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, Xtor Tablet is not a blood thinner. Atorvastatin in this medicine has lipid-lowering action.
Q: Is Xtor Tablet good for cholesterol?
A: Yes, Xtor Tablet is used to lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and improve levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It lowers the overall raised cholesterol levels.
Q: Are there any home remedies that can increase the treatment process?
A: Avoid fried and junk food. Avoid carbonated drinks. Exercise daily. Have your last meal of the day at least 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.