Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Xceft Lb Dt Tablet tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is als
o used to treat typhoid fever. Xceft Lb Dt Tablet contains a combination of Cefixime, and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It is advised to complete the entire course of Xceft Lb Dt Tablet mg tablet, do not stop taking this medicine even if your symptoms disappear.
|You Save||₹6.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Lactobacillus Sporogenes(20.0 M) + Cefixime(50.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
Uses of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Xceft Lb Dt Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of ear, nose or sinuses, urinary system, throat infections and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Skin itching
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure or liver disease.
- You experience skin reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
Mode of Action of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Xceft Lb Dt Tablet contains cefixime and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It works by inhibiting the growth of the cell walls of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
- Lactobacillus are a gut friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Xceft Lb Dt Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine or for a longer duration.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xceft Lb Dt Tablet works or Xceft Lb Dt itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Xceft Lb Dt 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Xceft Lb Dt Tablet for tooth infections?
Q: How many days the Xceft Lb Dt Tablet should be taken?
Q: Can we take the Xceft Lb Dt Tablet with milk?
Q: Can I take Xceft Lb Dt Tablet for fever and cold?
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Drugs, H. and Supplements, H., 2022. Bacillus Coagulans: MedlinePlus Supplements. [online] Medlineplus.gov. [Accessed 3 June 2022].