Wymesone 0.5mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wymesone 0.5 MG Description
Wymesone Tablet is used for the treatment of various inflammatory conditions, allergies, auto-immune conditions and manage the symptoms and side effects of certain types of cancer. It contains Dexamethasone, which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It works by reducing the formation of inflammation-causing substances in the body. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. Wymesone should be avoided by pregnant women and should be given to children under medical supervision. You may sometimes experience side effects like depression, increased appetite, indigestion, nervousness, decreased wound healing, mood swings, hallucinations, etc while on treatment with Wymesone Tablet. Most of the side effects are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹0.33 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Allergy, swelling, auto-immune disorders|
|Side effects||Anxiety, stomach discomforts, insomnia, mood swings|
Check more medicines with composition as Dexamethasone(0.5 Mg)
Save Upto 99% more
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Wymesone 0.5mg Tablet
Decdan 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By Wockhardt Limited
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Uses of Wymesone 0.5 MG
- Wymesone is a steroid medicine used to treat various inflammatory conditions and auto-immune disorders
- For relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and various conditions, for eaxmple arthritis
- To treat various allergies associated with the skin (eczema, erythroderma) and lung disorders (asthma attack)
- It is also used in cancer therapy to reduce some specific symptoms and side effects to improve the quality of life
Contraindications of Wymesone 0.5 MG
If you are allergic to dexamethasone or any other components of this medicine
Side effects of Wymesone 0.5 MG
- The side effects of this Tablet are highly dependent on the dose and duration of the treatment. You may experience anxiety, stomach discomforts, insomnia, mood swings, dizziness, and restlessness
- Prolonged use of this medicine can suppress the activity of adrenal glands and induce Cushing's syndrome characterised by a moon face, obesity, and pink-purple stretch marks
- Other side effects are visual disturbances, blood-related disorders, skin reactions, weak immunity, high blood pressure and masking of underlying infections
Precautions and Warnings of Wymesone 0.5 MG
Can I take Wymesone Tablets during pregnancy?
Wymesone is not recommended during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester. It may increase the risk of growth retardation, abnormal brain development and cleft palate/lip in the fetus. Cases of cataracts also have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long term. Thus, it should be taken when the doctor recommends after assessing the benefits and the risks to an unborn baby.
Can I take Wymesone Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wymesone Tablet?
It is less likely to affect your driving abilities. However, you should not drive if you experience any side effects which can hamper your ability to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Wymesone Tablets?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies, rise in blood sugar levels, or you have diabetes
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract
- You are elderly or you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases
- You are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment, discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine, as it can impair the fertility of an individual.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis
- Wymesone may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers
- Children and adolescents consuming steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth in children
- Wymesone makes you more prone for infections, in case you are suffering from an infection like a fungal infection, measles and chickenpox
- You are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, discuss your condition with a doctor
Mode of Action of Wymesone 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Wymesone is a steroidal medication. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation and during organ transplantation and helps in reducing symptoms such as pain, swelling, and allergic reactions. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Wymesone 0.5 MG
- Take Wymesone Tablet regularly as directed by your doctor
- This medicine should be taken with meal or after eating a meal
- It should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid
Interactions of Wymesone 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Contraceptives, when taken with this medicine can prolong the effect of Wymesone Tablet
- Antacid medicine containing salts of aluminium and magnesium should be used after a gap of 2-hours with this medicine
- Rifampicin, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Ephedrine, and Primidone can reduce the effect of this medicine
- Concomitant use of Wymesone Tablet with antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole and Itraconazole can increase the effect of this medicine. Variations in blood count can be seen if this medicine is taken with medicines used to treat high blood pressure such as Enalapril and Captopril...
- Digoxin medicines used to treat heart failure when consumed along with this medicine can reduce the potassium levels in the body
- Wymesone can reduce the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and can also reduce the anticoagulant effect of medicines like Coumarin
- There can be increased the risk of ulcers and bleeding in the digestive tract when painkillers such as Aspirin and Indomethacin are taken with this medicine
- Wymesone when taken with muscle relaxants, muscle relaxing effect is prolonged
- Atropine or other medicines used to dilate pupil can increase pressure inside your eyes, if used with this medicine
- Medicines used to suppress immune response such as Cyclosporin can increase the risk of getting infections, if taken along with this medicine
- Wymesone should not be consumed within 8 weeks if you have received any live vaccine
Storage and disposal of Wymesone 0.5 MG
- Store the Tablets at room temperature and away from moisture
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Wymesone 0.5 MG
The overdose of Wymesone Tablets can affect your metabolic and hormonal activity. The symptoms are very similar to side effects such as salt imbalance, swelling of face, stomach discomforts, and brain-related side effects. Reach out to the nearest hospital or contact your doctor in case there is no improvement. If the patient experiences seizures and breathing difficulties rush immediately to emergency medical support....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Wymesone Tablet be given to children?
A: Wymesone Tablets should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under the supervision of an adult. Giving steroids to children for a long term can impair their growth.
Q: Is Wymesone an antibiotic?
A: No, Wymesone Tablet is not an antibiotic. It is a steroid used to treat swelling and inflammation.
Q: Can I stop taking Wymesone Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking Wymesone abruptly as it can result in steroidal withdrawal symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, diarrhoea and vomiting. Steroid medicines should be stopped by reducing the dose slowly without stopping the treatment abruptly. You should always consult your doctor about this matter.
Q: Is there any side effect of Wymesone?
A: Lack of sleep, anxiety, stomach discomfort, restlessness, weak immunity, visual disturbance etc. are few common side effects of this medicine. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: Is Wymesone a steroid?
A: Yes, Wymesone Tablet contains the steroid dexamethasone as its active ingredient. It is a hormone that produce in the human body and is responsible for body functions. It suppresses the immune response in allergies and inflammation.
- Dexamethasone 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexalone Tablet [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexamethasone 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Dexamethasone Tablets and liquid: a medicine used to treat inflammatory conditions and sickness (vomiting) [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay