Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
50g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Voltaflam Gel is a pain-relieving gel. It contains an anti-inflammatory medicine called Diclofenac. It is used for relieving pain and swelling in muscle, joints and bones. It is useful in conditions s
uch as arthritis, sprain, strain, fractures, sports injuries etc. This gel is meant for topical application on skin and should not be applied internally, near mucous membrane or on broken skin....
Uses of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
For relieving pain, swelling and inflammation in muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons due to sprain, strain, fracture and bruises because of trauma or sports injury and in various forms of arthritis
Contraindications of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
- If you are allergic to diclofenac or any ingredients of this product.
- If you are allergic to painkillers such as aspirin, indomethacin, celecoxib, ibuprofen and have experienced allergic reaction upon painkiller use.
- If you taking any other pain killer or medicine containing diclofenac.
- If you are pregnant especially if it's your third trimester of pregnancy.
- This medicine is not to be used for children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
- Skin rashes
- Cracked and rough skin
- Urge to scratch
Precautions and Warnings of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
Can I use Voltaflam Gel during pregnancy?
It is advised not to use this gel during pregnancy especially last trimester. As it may harm the fetus. The doctor may give you this medicine in the first 6 months of pregnancy for a short duration and a low dose if required.
Can I use Voltaflam Gel while breastfeeding?
This gel should be used under medical supervision. It should not be applied on the breast of the breastfeeding mother or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Voltaflam Gel?
This gel does not influence driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Voltaflam Gel?
There is no known interaction known between this gel and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience systemic effect if you are using it in large areas and for a prolonged time.
- You may experience skin reactions at the beginning of the treatment, your doctor may ask you to discontinue the treatment.
- You are already taking painkillers as concomitant use of this medicine may increase the risk of systemic side effects.
- You should not apply this on infected skin, cuts, open injuries or wounds and it should not be ingested.
- You should avoid sunlight exposure to that particular skin area where this gel is applied.
Mode of Action of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
How Does It Work?
Voltaflam Gel is analgesic and anti-inflammatory in nature. It acts by interfering with the formation of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is naturally produced in the body during injuries and r
esponsible for swelling, pain and inflammation....
Directions for Use of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
- Use this product as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- This product is meant for external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Gently squeeze out a small amount of gel and massage on the affected area.
- Keep a minimum gap of 4 hours between applications.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....Read more
- Avoid simultaneous application of other medicines at the site this product is applied.
Storage and disposal of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use it if seal is broken and after its expiry date.
Dosage of Voltaflam Gel 50 Gm
As this medicine is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapp
lied it wipe the out excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply it just to compensate for the skipped dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying Voltaflam Gel?
- You should not use this gel for a prolonged duration, to windburned or sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips, or inside of the nose.
- Wash your hands afterwards to remove any medicine that may remain on them.
Q: Can I use this gel for pain due to arthritis?
A: Yes, you can after taking advice from your doctor. This gel helps in relieving pain, swelling, stiffness and discomfort.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved