Vitcofol Suspension 200ml
By FDC LIMITED
200ml Suspension in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Ingredients and Benefits
- Vitcofol Suspension contains Folic acid (Vitamin B9), Cyanocobalamine (Vitamin B12) & Ferrous fumarate.
- Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a vital role in DNA and synthesis of amino acids. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of brain and spinal cord of growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy can lead to birth deffects.read less
- Vitamin B12: It is essential for the functioning of the brain and nerves for the production of red blood cells and DNA synthesis. It also plays a major role in protein and fat metabolism, fertility, the functioning of hormones. It exists in different forms like Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin and Adenosylcobalamin.read less
- Iron: It is a vital mineral body requires. It is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. It is also part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It plays a significant role in immunity, the formation of certain hormones and regulating body temperature.read less
Uses of Vitcofol Suspension 200ml
- For treatment and prevention of different forms of anaemia.
- For preventing iron, folic acid and Vitamin B12 deficiencies during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Vitcofol Suspension 200ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- If you are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- If you should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the component of this supplement.
- If you have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Vitcofol Suspension 200ml
- Take Vitcofol Suspension as advised by your doctor.
- You should not consume vitamin & mineral supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
- Avoid taking it with tea or coffee.
Storage and disposal of Vitcofol Suspension 200ml
Vitcofol Suspension should be stored in a cool and dry place Keep it out of the reach of children
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What food is rich in folic acid, Iron & Vitamin B12?
A: Meat, seafood, green leafy vegetables like spinach, nuts, beans, peas, orange, resins etc. are rich in folic acid, Iron & Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is naturally found in animal products like fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk and milk products.
Q: Does Vitcofol Suspension interact with other medicines?
- Medicines treat indigestion like antacids, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours.read less
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines like Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy), Methotrexate (used to treat cancer), Sulfasalazine (used to treat ulcers), water pill, metformin, Omeprazole and Cimetidine.read less
Q: What are the benefits of Vitcofol Suspension?
A: Vitcofol Suspension improves the conditions of low levels of Iron, Folic acid and Cyanocobalamin in body such as in anaemia, nutritional malabsorption and blood loss.
Q: Can I take Vitcofol Suspension in pregnancy?
A: Yes, you can only if prescribed by doctor.
- NIH. Folate. Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. [Accessed on 29.June.2020] (Online)
- CDC. Folic Acid. [Accessed on 29.June.2020] (Online)
- NIH. Iron. Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. [Accessed on 29.June.2020] (Online)
- NIH. Vitamin B12. Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. [Accessed on 29.June.2020] (Online)
Other Variants for
Vitcofol Suspension 200ml
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Precautions and Warnings
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved