Ventryl Expt 60ml
Ventryl Expt 60ml Description
Ventryl Oral Liquid is used to treat cough associated with infections in the airways, asthma, shortness of breath and lung infections. This Oral Liquid contains a combination of ambroxol, guaiphenesi
n and terbutaline, as its active ingredients. Ventryl Oral Liquid helps in the expulsion of mucous and reduces cough and breathlessness. Ventryl Oral Liquid should be used cautiously if you have liver or kidney-related problems. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical conditions before starting the treatment.
|You Save||₹9.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Terbutaline(2.5 Mg) + Ambroxol(30.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with asthma and chronic bronchitis|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Ventryl Expt 60ml
Contraindications of Ventryl Expt 60ml
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, guaiphenesin, terbutaline or any other ingredients of Ventryl Oral Liquid.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you have any heart conditions or prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of Ventryl Expt 60ml
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Ventryl Expt 60ml
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any underlying medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, fits, thyroid or other heart diseases.
- You may experience a sudden drop of potassium level in your blood on concomitant treatment. In such situations, a doctor may recommend monitoring potassium serum level closely and asking for specific blood tests....
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- If you don't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for more than 5 days, consult a doctor immediately.
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies.
Mode of Action of Ventryl Expt 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucous less sticky. Thereby helping in removing the cough out.
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and helps make breathing easier....
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant; it helps thin the mucous in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Ventryl Oral Liquid works by the combined action of its three components and helps in easing the symptoms of bronchospasm (spasm or constriction in the airways).
Directions for Use of Ventryl Expt 60ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Ventryl Expt 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- As Ventryl Oral Liquid contains different components, any interactions seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions....
- Especially, if you are already taking other cough medicines.
- Concomitant use of Ventryl Oral Liquid and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problem and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of Ventryl Oral Liquid when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Ventryl Expt 60ml
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ventryl Expt 60ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this medicine during a dry cough?
Q: Is Ventryl Oral Liquid a habit-forming medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Guaifenesin Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Ambroxol Hydrochloride Uses, Dosage, Side Effects - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Terbutaline Use During Pregnancy | Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- CHESTON PLUS Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- AXALIN Expectorant [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]