Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets is a combination of Montelukast and Desloratadine. Montelukast inhibits leukotriene's effects, a natural substance in the body responsible for inflammation and allergi
c reactions. Desloratadine blocks the effect of histamine, a natural substance in the body responsible for allergic reactions. Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to treat symptoms of allergy, such as sneezing, runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, and watery eyes, which may be seasonal or non-seasonal. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with this medicine.
|Contains||Desloratadine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
Uses of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Fatigue, fever
- Flu-like symptoms
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Muscle pain, menstrual cramps
- Mood change, irritation, fits, difficulty breathing (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have asthma, or your breathing gets worse, or you have a history of seizures (fits).
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin.
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria. This medicine should be used as may produce severe side effects.
- You experience aggressiveness, difficulty in sleeping, hallucinations, memory disturbances, depression, anxiety, disorientation, dream abnormality, irritability, suicidal thinking, and behaviour during treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor immediately....
- Consult your doctor if symptoms do not improve even after using this medicine, or you experience symptoms like flu illness, numbness sensation in hands or feet and rashes, and severe hypersensitivity reactions. ...
- Your doctor may ask you for frequent visits and blood test during treatment with this medicine as in rare cases, it may produce condition like Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- A chemical called leukotriene, when released in the human body, produces swelling in the airway, inflammation in the lungs (oedema and damage), and windpipe muscle contractions. Montelukast tablet works by blocking the effect of this chemical and also improves breathing....
- Another chemical called histamine is responsible for allergy-related symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, watering from eyes, and rashes. Desloratadine blocks the effects of this histamine and improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis....
Directions for Use of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets with sufficient water. You can consume it with or without food. Don't break, cut, or chew this medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time, and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity by your doctor.
Interactions of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Montelukast and Desloratadine. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with Gemfibrozil (used to lower fats or cholesterol levels in the body) may increase the side effects of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenytoin), medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (Phenobarbital), medicines used to treat tuberculosis and other infections (Rifampicin) decreases the effectiveness of this tablet and thus should be used with caution....
Storage and disposal of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets habit-forming?
Q: After a few days of usage, my symptoms have improved. Should I stop Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets now?
Q: How many times should I take Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets in a day?
Q: Can I get dryness of mouth with the use of Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ventidox Dl Strip Of 10 Tablets?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby