Veltam Plus Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veltam Plus Tablet is used in men for the treatment of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), a condition of the enlarged prostate gland in men. It is a combination of two medicines- tamsulosin and dutasteride as an active ingredients. Veltam Plus tablet helps in easing the symptoms of BPH like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty bladder. Dutasteride helps in reducing the size of the enlarged prostate, whereas Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles of bladder and prostate. This medicine is not meant to be used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
Uses of Veltam Plus Tablet
Veltam Plus Tablet is used for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Contraindications of Veltam Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any of the ingredient of Veltam Plus Tablet.
- If you are allergic to soya and peanut.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from sitting position.
Side effects of Veltam Plus Tablet
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness in breast
Mode of Action of Veltam Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the prostate and bladder muscles whereas Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for enlarged prostate gland
- This combination has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate glandread less
Directions for Use of Veltam Plus Tablet
- Veltam Plus tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water after the meal.
Interactions of Veltam Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Your blood pressure can reduce if you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicines, you are on anaesthesia or taking sildenafil, prazosin along with Veltam Plus tablet
- Avoid taking this medicine along with Ketoconazole, Paroxetine, Verapamil, Diltiazem as there can be increased chances of side effects
- Long term use of this medicine with Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nefazodone, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole should be avoided
- Other medicines like Cimetidine, Diclofenac, Warfarin should not be used if you are taking Veltam Plus tablet
Interactions with food items
Soya & Peanut
Storage and disposal of Veltam Plus Tablet
- Store below 30°C in the original container.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- This medicine is absorbed through the skin if anyone comes in contact with this medicine by mistake, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.
Dosage of Veltam Plus Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include dizziness, fainting and low blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Veltam Plus tablet?
- It should not be given to a male below 18 years old.
- Pregnant women should not touch this medicine as it gets absorbed through the skin and can cause harm to the fetus.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Q: Can Veltam Plus be taken after consuming alcohol?
A: No, it would be best if you do not consume alcohol before taking this medicine as both of them have similar side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and drop in blood pressure.
Q: Is Veltam Plus safe in elderly patients?
A: Yes, it can be used in older men. Please discuss with your doctor about any underlying disease condition, any medication you are taking or any known allergy to components of Veltam Plus tablet.
Q: Why is Veltam Plus withdrawn before cataract surgery?
A: You should stop taking Veltam Plus tablet before cataract surgery as there is risk of getting a condition called intraoperative floppy iris syndrome (IFIS) characterised by loss of muscle tone in the eye if you take or have taken Veltam Plus tablet.
Q: How long can Veltam Plus tablet be taken?
A: You should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own even if symptoms of the disease subsides.
Q: What are the side effects of prolonged use of Veltam Plus tablet?
A: Yes, most of the medicines along with the desirable effects, sometimes give a few side effects. In the case of this medicine, the most common side effects are dizziness, ejaculation problems, loss of libido, breast enlargement & tenderness and impotency.
Q: Does Veltam Plus tablet affect blood pressure?
A: Yes, one of the active ingredients named Tamsulosin may lower the blood pressure and make you feel dizzy and disoriented, especially when you are changing position like standing up suddenly or changing your side during sleep. Visit your doctor if the symptoms are severe.
Q: When should one not take the Veltam Plus tablet?
- Veltam Plus tablet should not be taken if:
- you are allergic to any of the active ingredients, Tamsulosin and/or Dutasteride.
- You are allergic to soy and soy products.
- You are suffering from liver disorder.
- Avoid coming in contact with this medicine if you are pregnant as this medicine may harm your developing foetus.
Q: How should I store Veltam Plus tablet?
A: Store Veltam Plus tablet in the same container at room temperature, away from light and heat. This medicine is absorbed through the skin. Hence, if a woman or any healthy man who does not need this medicine, comes in contact with the medicine should wash their hands with soap to avoid undesired effects.
- CiplaMed. Veltam Plus tablet. PIL. [ Accessed on 02.April.2021 ] (online)
- CDSCO. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [ Accessed on 02.April.2021 ] (online)
- USFDA. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [ Accessed on 02.April.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Tamsulosin and Dutasteride. [ Accessed on 02.April.2021 ] (online)
- NHS UK. Tamsulosin. [ Accessed on 02.April.2021 ] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved