Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rzole DSR capsule is a combination medicine containing domperidone and omeprazole. It is an anti-reflux medicine that helps in the treatment of acid reflux disorder by reducing the amount of acid prod
uced by the stomach and increasing the motility of the stomach. It relieves symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort, and chest pain. Some commonly reported side effects of the Rzole DSR capsule are diarrhoea, dry mouth, headache, constipation and fatigue. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor....
Uses of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rzole DSR capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to Omeprazole. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing hea
rtburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc....
Contraindications of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to omeprazole and domperidone, any of the ingredients of Rzole DSR capsule
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeds or obstruction
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis and had a fracture
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumors)
Side effects of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Dry mouth
- Loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Rzole DSR capsules during pregnancy?
- The components of Rzole DSR capsule might harm your unborn baby
- This medicine should not be used during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby
Can I take Rzole DSR capsules while breastfeeding?
Rzole DSR capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks. Your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rzole DSR capsules?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances after taking Rzole DSR capsule, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Rzole DSR capsules?
No interaction between alcohol and Rzole DSR capsule has been reported. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine You experience black stools You have a stomach tumour or cancer You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking steroids
You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure You develop skin lesions after taking this medicine You are taking medicines to treat infection or you have HIV...
Mode of Action of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Domperidone increa
ses the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe....
Directions for Use of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rzole DSR capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food. Do not consume the capsule if it has passed its expiry date. Do not crush or ch
ew the capsule....
Interactions of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains omeprazole and domperidone, any interactions seen with these two comp
onents when taken alone may occur with this combination Avoid using this medicine if you are taking Clopidogrel Avoid using it with medicines used to treat HIV like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir Antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole should be avoided when taking this medicine If you are taking medicines like Methotrexate, Tacrolimus then levels of these can increase, causing side effects Do not take an antibiotic called Erythromycin if you are taking this medicine Medicine used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin Medicine used to stop blood from clotting like Warfarin...
Interactions with food items
Rzole DSR capsule should be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate s
tomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Rzole DSR capsule below 25°C, protected from moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets
- Any medicine that has passed its expiry date or is unused for a long time should be disposed off appropriately
Dosage of Rzole Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Overdose can result in confusion, dizziness, nausea or headache.
- In case of an overdose, visit your nearest hospital or contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Rzole DSR capsule take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any danger of taking Rzole DSR capsule for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has its side effects.
- This medicine should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor, do not self-medicate yourself.
- In long-term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long term treatment.
Q: Does smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: Can I feel constipated on taking Rzole DSR capsule ?
A: Yes, constipation is one of the commonly reported side effect of Rzole DSR capsule. This side effect is usually mild and may go away soon. If you are constipated for too long you may visit your doctor for same.
Q: Does Rzole DSR capsule lead to weight gain
A: Weight gain is a rare side effect of this capsule and may not be observed commonly. Even if you experience weight gain it may be slight. Incase you notice that you gained a lot in a short span of time you are recommended to visit your doctor immediately, as there might be some other underlying cause for the weight gain.
- Domperidone 10 mg-Breastfeeding-Gastroparesis [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Omeprazole 40mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Omeprazole 40mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Sep 2021 | 06:03 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved