Vegeston 300mg Capsule
Vegeston 300 MG Description
Vegeston Capsule contains progesterone as its active ingredient. This medicine is used for the treatment of gynaecological disorders associated with inadequate levels of progesterone hormone in the b
ody. Progesterone is a female hormone synthesized in the body naturally and plays a key role in regulating the menstrual cycle and maintaining pregnancy. This medicine works by supplying adequate levels of progesterone hormone and imitating its action in the body. It is used for the treatment of disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding.
Uses of Vegeston 300 MG
- For the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, absence of menses, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- To support the early phase of pregnancy in women who have experienced vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy and have inadequate or low levels of progesterone.
- For the treatment of infertility, preventing preterm delivery and mood disorder following childbirth.
- Hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause. It is given along with estrogen to post-menopausal women.
- This medicine is also used to support pregnancy and fertility outcomes during assisted reproductive procedures.
Contraindications of Vegeston 300 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have or ever had breast cancer.
- If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding which is not being treated.
- If you recently had a heart attack or stroke.
- If you have a blood clotting disorder such as thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis (clots in blood vessels of legs) and blood clots in the lungs.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Vegeston 300 MG
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Short menstrual cycle
- Intermittent bleeding or spotting
Precautions and Warnings of Vegeston 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or have a vaginal infection.
- You have epilepsy, migraine, asthma, liver, heart or kidney dysfunction, diabetes, photosensitivity and you are a breastfeeding mother, careful observation is required.
Mode of Action of Vegeston 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vegeston 300 MG
Interactions of Vegeston 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Vegeston Capsule works or Vegeston itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take before taking this medicine.
- Especially, if you are taking an antifungal medicine containing ketoconazole inform your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Vegeston 300 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.