Valance Od 500mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Valance Od Tablet contains Divalproex sodium as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fits. It is also used to treat certain symptoms like mood swings and aggressiveness associated with Bipolar d
isorder. This medicine is also used as a supportive treatment for migraine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be used in pregnant women and lactating mothers. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, shakiness, sleepiness, skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
Uses of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
Valance Od Tablet is used in the treatment of epilepsy (fits or seizures) and manic episodes associated with Bipolar disorder. For the treatment of migraine.
Contraindications of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Divalproex sodium or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you or any of your family members have a history of liver problems.
- If you are suffering from a condition called urea cycle disorder.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- If you are suffering from a mitochondrial disorder (a genetic disorder).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Side effects of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, indigestion
- Tremor (shakiness)
- Tiredness, weakness
- Altered attention
- Weight gain
- Skin rashes, swelling, hair loss
- Menstrual cramps
- Double vision
- Blood disorders like low platelet count
Precautions and Warnings of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
Can I take Valance Od Tablet during pregnancy?
Valance Od Tablet must not be taken during pregnancy as it is unsafe and may cause harm to the unborn baby. If you get pregnant or think you may be pregnant while on treatment with this medicine, immediately contact your doctor. For women of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby as it may cause some serious birth defects.
Can I take Valance Od Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk, thus a decision should be made to either discontinue breastfeeding or treatment with Valance Od Tablet after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Valance Od Tablet?
You should avoid or be cautious while driving a vehicle or operating heavy machinery as Valance Od Tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy.
Can I consume alcohol with Valance Od Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Valance Od Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in mood or behaviour, worsening depression. Immediately contact your doctor.
- Your convulsions have worsened.
- You have diabetes.
- You have gained a lot of weight.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from a pancreas problem like swelling or inflammation in the pancreas.
- You are suffering from a brain disease or any metabolic condition that is affecting your brain.
- You suffer from a condition known as urea cycle disorder.
- You are suffering from a long-term autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You suffer from any mitochondrial disorder.
- You notice any serious allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking this medicine. Please contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine contains Divalproex sodium as its main ingredient. It stimulates a specific pathway in the nervous system and increases a substance known as GABA. This results in reducing the rapid, rep
etitive and jerking movements during fits. It also helps to reduce symptoms associated with bipolar disorder and migraine....
Directions for Use of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
- Take Valance Od Tablet instructed by your doctor.
- This medicine should be swallowed whole and should not be crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Valance Od Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Valance Od Tablet along with medicines like aspirin (pain killers), phenobarbital, carbamazepine (used in fits) may increase your chances of having side effects.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), Zidovudine (used in HIV infection), Temozolomide (used in cancer), selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), Propofol (usedfor anaesthesia) along with Valance Od Tablet may increase their effects....Read more
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), Cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), Cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alter the way this medicine works....Read more
Storage and disposal of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
- Valance Od Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Valance Od 500mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may be headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle weakness, lack of consciousness, breathing problems, fits, confusion, memory loss and unusual behaviour. Seek urgent medical
help if you feel you have taken Valance Od Tablet in excess....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Valance Od Tablet?
A: Valance Od Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (fits or seizures). It is also used to control migraine and some symptoms associated with Bipolar disorder.
Q: Does Valance Od Tablet cause an addiction?
A: No, Valance Od Tablet does not cause addiction. However, it should be taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not self medicate as it can lead to severe unwanted effects.
Q: How long to take Valance Od Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Valance Od Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 07 Apr 2021 | 08:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved