Uthyrox 25mcg Tablet
Uthyrox 25 MCG Description
Uthyrox Tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism. It contains levothyroxine as its active component. Levothyroxine is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine produced by the thyro
d gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. Take Uthyrox in the morning and as advised by your doctor. This medicine should be taken without food, preferably after waking up. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor.
|You Save||₹19.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Thyroxine / Levothyroxine Sodium(25.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, hair loss, weight variations, headache, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
- Euthyrox 25mcg Bottle Of 100 TabletsBy Merck Limited100 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 162.12₹ 141.04₹ 1.41/Tablet
- Thyrorise 25mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Steris Healthcare120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 172.03₹ 146.23₹ 1.22/Tablet
- Lethyrox 25mcg Bottle Of 100 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd100 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 118.85₹ 101.029% CHEAPER₹ 1.01/Tablet
Uses of Uthyrox 25 MCG
Contraindications of Uthyrox 25 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Uthyrox Tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Uthyrox 25 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Uthyrox 25 MCG
- Uthyrox Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancies, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor....
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause missed pregnancy. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Uthyrox Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Uthyrox Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Uthyrox 25 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Uthyrox 25 MCG
- Take Uthyrox Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
Interactions of Uthyrox 25 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Uthyrox Tablet or Uthyrox itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives, etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Uthyrox Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 5 hours with Uthyrox Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Dosage of Uthyrox 25 MCG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Uthyrox Tablet to lose weight?
Q: When should I take Uthyrox?
Q: Can I stop Uthyrox?
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]