Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ultigest Sr Tablet contains progesterone as its active ingredient. This medicine is used for the treatment of gynaecological disorders associated with inadequate levels of progesterone hormone in the
body. Progesterone is a female hormone synthesized in the body naturally and plays a key role in regulating the menstrual cycle and maintaining pregnancy. This medicine works by supplying adequate levels of progesterone hormone and imitating its action in the body. It is used for the treatment of disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding....
Uses of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
- For the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, absence of menses, irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- To support the early phase of pregnancy in women who have experienced vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy and have inadequate or low levels of progesterone.
- For the treatment of infertility, preventing preterm delivery and mood disorder following childbirth.
- Hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause. It is given along with estrogen to post-menopausal women.
- This medicine is also used to support pregnancy and fertility outcomes during assisted reproductive procedures.
Contraindications of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have or ever had breast cancer.
- If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding which is not being treated.
- If you recently had a heart attack or stroke.
- If you have a blood clotting disorder such as thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis (clots in blood vessels of legs) and blood clots in the lungs.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Short menstrual cycle
- Intermittent bleeding or spotting
Precautions and Warnings of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
Can I take the Ultigest Sr Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can be taken during pregnancy if it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Ultigest Sr Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk, however, its effect on breastfed infants is unknown. Consult your doctor for further advice.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ultigest Sr Tablet?
This medicine can make you feel drowsy and sleepy, caution is advised while driving or using machines if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ultigest Sr Tablet?
There is no known interaction between this medicine and alcohol. Consult your doctor if you drink too often. Consumption of alcohol during pregnancy should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or have a vaginal infection.
- You have epilepsy, migraine, asthma, liver, heart or kidney dysfunction, diabetes, photosensitivity and you are a breastfeeding mother, careful observation is required.
Mode of Action of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine contains a man-made form of the female hormone progesterone. Progesterone plays a key role in regulating the menstrual cycle and maintaining pregnancy. This medicine works by replenishin
g the levels of the female hormone, progesterone in the body and thereby corrects the conditions related to reduced levels of this hormone....
Directions for Use of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
Ultigest Sr Tablet must be used as directed by your doctor.Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Ultigest Sr Tablet works or Ultigest Sr itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take before taking this medicine.
- Especially, if you are taking an antifungal medicine containing ketoconazole inform your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ultigest Sr 200mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Symptoms of an overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or painful menst
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not
take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Ultigest Sr Tablet should be taken?
A: Take this medicine as advised by your doctor one hour before or after your meals.This medicine should be taken at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits.
Q: What is the use of Ultigest Sr Tablet?
A: Ultigest Sr Tablet is used for the treatment of gyenocological disorders associated with decreased levels of a female hormone progesterone. It is used in females to treat abnormal uterine bleeding, absence of or irregular menstruation, to support pregnancy, as hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause and for fertility related problem.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:22 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved