Ulpan 40mg Tablet
By CORONA REMEDIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ulpan 40 tablet is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related problems. Ulpan 40 tablet is a medicine used to reduce stomach acid. It contains panto
prazole as an active ingredient. It a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take....
Uses of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
Ulpan 40 tablet is used to treat ulcers in the stomach or intestine, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids) and gastroesophageal reflux dise
ase [GERD] (symptoms like heartburn & chest pain right after eating)....
Contraindications of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or any other ingredient of the Ulpan 40 tablet.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as omeprazole, etc.
- If you are currently taking anti-HIV medications such as rilpivirine, atazanavir.
Side effects of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
Can I take Ulpan 40 tablet during pregnancy?
Due to a lack of proper safety information, it is preferable to avoid the use of this medicine during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Ulpan 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
Ulpan 40 tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. Thus it is recommended to consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ulpan 40 tablet?
Ulpan 40 tablet has a negligible influence on the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ulpan 40 tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking pantoprazole does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You are taking an anti-HIV medicine such as atazanavir or painkillers such as aspirin.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency as the Pan 40 tablet can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 when used for the long term, inform your doctor.
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
- You are using this medicine for the long term as it can lead to diarrhoea and malabsorption.
- You have liver-related problems, especially in the case of increased liver enzymes, the treatment should be stopped.
- Ulpan 40 mg tablets are not recommended for children below the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is
used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Directions for Use of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
Ulpan 40 tablet should be taken as advised by the doctor, preferably in the morning. For optimal results, try to take it at the same time every day on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Medicines given in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate
Interactions with food items
Pantoprazole should preferably be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola) can increase stomach
acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process...
Storage and disposal of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
- Store the Ulpan 40 tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ulpan 40mg Tablet
If you have taken too many dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dos
e of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Q: Can the Ulpan 40 tablet be taken after food?
- No, it should not be taken after consuming food as by the time it will start showing its effect, the acid in the stomach will be released for digestion of food and it will not affect in reducing the acid production....Read more
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved