Ulpan 40mg Tablet
Ulpan 40 MG Description
Ulpan 40 tablet is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related problems. Ulpan 40 tablet is a medicine used to reduce stomach acid. It contains pant
oprazole as an active ingredient. It a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take.
- Pancoly 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.00₹ 64.60₹
- Pentab 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.80₹ 139.23₹
- Pantosec 40mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.51₹ 104.41₹
- P Zole 40mg TabletBy D D Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.62₹ 48.62₹
- Panbloc 40mg 15's TabletsBy Tablets India Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 147.00₹ 147.00₹
- Pantogen 40mg TabletBy Infugen Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.00₹ 68.00₹
- Taskpan 40 Tablet 10 No'sBy Ericure Remedies Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.50₹
- Cnpraz 40mg Tablets 10'sBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 76.50₹
- Fenpan 40mg Tablets 10'sBy Fender Formulations Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.50₹ 51.42₹
- Pantocent 40mg TabletsBy Numera Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.75₹
Uses of Ulpan 40 MG
Contraindications of Ulpan 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or any other ingredient of the Ulpan 40 tablet.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as omeprazole, etc.
- If you are currently taking anti-HIV medications such as rilpivirine, atazanavir.
Side effects of Ulpan 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Ulpan 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You are taking an anti-HIV medicine such as atazanavir or painkillers such as aspirin.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency as the Pan 40 tablet can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 when used for the long term, inform your doctor.
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
- You are using this medicine for the long term as it can lead to diarrhoea and malabsorption.
- You have liver-related problems, especially in the case of increased liver enzymes, the treatment should be stopped.
- Ulpan 40 mg tablets are not recommended for children below the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Ulpan 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ulpan 40 MG
Interactions of Ulpan 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Medicines given in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ulpan 40 MG
- Store the Ulpan 40 tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ulpan 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Q: Can the Ulpan 40 tablet be taken after food?
- No, it should not be taken after consuming food as by the time it will start showing its effect, the acid in the stomach will be released for digestion of food and it will not affect in reducing the acid production....
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]