Tydol 100mg Tablet
Tydol 100 MG Description
Tydol 100 mg tablet is a pain relief medication prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It contains tapentadol as its key ingredient. It belongs to the opiate (narcotic) analgesics family of medicine
s. Tapentadol is an opioid and is also known as a narcotic. The mode of action of Tydol 100 mg tablets is by altering the pain reaction of the brain and the nervous system by blocking the transmission of pain impulses to the brain. Tydol 100 mg tablet is a novel, next-generation, centrally acting analgesic with a dual-action mechanism that effectively relieves pain untreatable by milder medicines. Side effects of Tydol 100 mg tablets include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, constipation and sleepiness. Even at regular doses, Tydol 100 mg tablets can become addictive. Directions for use of Tydol 100 mg tablets must be strictly followed. Never give the medicine to anyone else. Improper use of narcotic pain medication can result in drug addiction, overdose, or even death, especially in children or anyone who does not have a prescription. Persons with severe respiratory issues or a bowel obstruction known as paralytic ileus should avoid using this medication. Those who have taken medicines like Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days should also avoid Tydol 100 mg tablets.
Uses of Tydol 100 MG
- According to CDSCO, Tydol 100 mg tablets are used to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Contraindications of Tydol 100 MG
- Do not take Tydol 100 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you are hypersensitive to Tapentadol (a component of Tydol 100mg Tablet).
- If you have paralytic ileus, a condition that causes intestinal obstruction.
- If you have hepatic impairment.
- If the affected person is in a coma.
- If you have CNS (central nervous system) depression.
- If you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
- If you have a seizure disorder.
- If you have asthma.
- If you have severe respiratory depression.
Side effects of Tydol 100 MG
- Side effects of Tydol 100 mg tablets include:
Precautions and Warnings of Tydol 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- If you have any known allergies.
- If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you have severe respiratory issues or a bowel obstruction known as paralytic ileus.
- If you have taken Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days.
Mode of Action of Tydol 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tydol 100 MG
- Take Tydol 100mg tablets exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the pill as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not break the tablet or chew it.
- While this medicine can be taken with or without food, it is advised to take it with food to prevent nausea.
- Do not take it with other medications or herbal supplements without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package is broken or opened.
- Do not use this medicine for a long duration as it has a habit-forming tendency.
- Do not exceed the dosage on your own, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Tydol 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements you are taking or plan to take so that the doctor can rule out any possibility of medicine interaction. Many medicines can interact with Tydol 100 mg tablets, making it less effective or increasing its side effects. This includes:...
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) such as Isocarboxazid, Phenelzine, Rasagiline, etc.
- Sedatives such as benzodiazepines
- Painkillers such as opioids and morphine
Storage and disposal of Tydol 100 MG
Dosage of Tydol 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Tydol 100 mg tablets have habit-forming or addictive properties?
Q: Can I stop taking Tydol 100 mg tablets when I feel better?
Q: Is it safe to operate heavy machinery after taking Tydol 100 mg tablets?
- Singh DR, Nag K, Shetti AN, Krishnaveni N. Tapentadol Hydrochloride: A Novel Analgesic [Internet]. Saudi J Anaesth. 7(3): 322–6 [cited 17 Feb 2022] -
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 February 2022] -
- Tapentadol: Michigan Medicine [Internet]. uofmhealth.org. 2022 [cited 17 February 2022] -
- Drugs H. Tapentadol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 16 February 2022] -