Tramex 50mg Tablets
Tramex 50 MG Description
Tramex Tablet is a pain-relieving medication used to treat moderate to severe pain. It contains tramadol, which belongs to a class of medicines called analgesics. It inhibits the production of chemic
al which is responsible for pain (prostaglandins).
Uses of Tramex 50 MG
Contraindications of Tramex 50 MG
- If you are allergic to tramadol or similar medicines or any other ingredients of Tramex Tablet
- If you are suffering from epilepsy or fits which is not under control by your current treatment
- If you are taking sleeping pills, painkillers, or medicines that affect mood or consume alcohol regularly
- If you are taking certain medicines for the treatment of depression or Parkinson’s disease
Side effects of Tramex 50 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Tramex 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney problem
- You experience fits or seizures
- You suffer from any psychiatric illnesses and are on medication for the same.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol or tramadol
- You develop any allergic symptoms or Serotonin syndrome
- You are taking medicines to treat pain (containing buprenorphine, nalbuphine or pentazocine)
- You notice any sleep-related breathing problems, contact your doctor immediately.
- You experience tiredness, lack of appetite, severe stomach pain, nausea, vomiting or low blood pressure, immediately contact your doctor.
Mode of Action of Tramex 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tramex 50 MG
- Tramex Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tramex 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tramex Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, fits, Parkinson’s disease, allergy, cough, pain or are taking sedative medicines, blood thinners, medications used to stop vomiting....
- This medicine should not be taken simultaneously or for atleast 2 weeks after treatment with certain medicines (monoamine oxidase inhibitors or MAOIs) used for psychiatric illnesses.
Storage and disposal of Tramex 50 MG
- Store Tramex Tablets in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tramex 50 MG
- In case of an overdose, seek urgent medical help
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Tramex Tablet used for?
Q: What is the composition of Tramex Tablet?
- Tramadol 50 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- Tramadol 50 mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 June 2022]