Topcid 20mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Topcid 20mg Tablet contains Famotidine an antacid medicine. It works by blocking the secretion of excess gastric acid thereby reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. Topcid 20mg Tablet is used to treat peptic ulcers, heartburn, and abnormal acid production in the stomach. This medicine can be taken with or without food. One should not break, crush or chew the medicine.
Uses of Topcid 20mg Tablet
For the treatment of peptic ulcers in the stomach and intestine and to treat abnormal acid production in the stomach
Contraindications of Topcid 20mg Tablet
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
Side effects of Topcid 20mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Constipation, diarrhoea
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Jaundice, hepatitis
- Blood disorders like low blood count
- Severe allergic reactions, red pale bumps, swelling on face, lips or tongue, prickling sensation
- Muscle injury or muscle pain
- Confusion, aggression
- Skin disorders
Precautions and Warnings of Topcid 20mg Tablet
Can I take Topcid 20mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Topcid 20mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is safe to use this medicine if you breastfeed. It does not cause any harm to the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Topcid 20mg Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness, or drowsiness, headache, or confusion. If you feel such symptoms, then do not drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Topcid 20mg Tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. It is recommended to consult your doctor for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person with kidney problems, may experience symptoms like confusion, hallucinations, fits or altered mental state, laziness, etc.
- You have a kidney problem, the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You may develop a risk of stomach cancer.
Mode of Action of Topcid 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Topcid 20mg Tablet acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. The stomach produces acid to digest food. Excess production of acid can lead to acidity, heartburn, and ulcers. Topcid 20mg Tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerning indigestion and heartburn.
Directions for Use of Topcid 20mg Tablet
Take Topcid 20mg Tablet orally as instructed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Topcid 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Topcid 20mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.Read less
- Medicines that can affect the absorption of this medicine are Fosamprenavir, Atazanavir and Rilpivirine used to treat HIV, Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir to treat Hepatitis C, Erlotinib, Nilotinib, Dasatinib to treat cancer.Read less
- If Tizanidine is used along with Topcid 20mg Tablet, can cause a drop in blood pressure, low heartbeat, or drowsiness.
- Other medicines are Delavirdine mesylate to treat HIV, Cefditoren (antibiotic) and Antibiotics like Itraconazole or Ketoconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Topcid 20mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Topcid 20mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose are usually the same as adverse effects like constipation, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach causing, heartburn, difficulty in swallowing, food regurgitation.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
A: Yes, there are certain lifestyle changes that can help you to reduce acidity problems such as maintaining a healthy weight, avoid lying down immediately after meals and sitting for long hours, doing regular exercise, taking proper sleep, avoid staying up late at night, eating smaller meals, reduce smoking if you have a smoking habit as smoking can induce stomach ulcer, avoid sugary and processed food, meat, sodas, alcohol and fried food, etc.
Q: What is Topcid 20mg Tablet used for??
A: Topcid 20mg Tablet is an antacid medicine, used to treat excess acid production, heartburn, and stomach ulcers.
Q: When to take Topcid 20mg Tablet before or after food?
A: Topcid 20mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved