Topcid 20mg Tablet
Topcid 20 MG Description
Topcid 20mg Tablet contains Famotidine an antacid medicine. It works by blocking the secretion of excess gastric acid thereby reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. Topcid 20mg Tablet is used to
treat peptic ulcers, heartburn, and abnormal acid production in the stomach. This medicine can be taken with or without food. One should not break, crush or chew the medicine.
|You Save||₹0.69 (15% on MRP)|
- Famocid 20mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Sun Pharma14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 4.90₹ 4.16₹ 0.3/Tablet
Uses of Topcid 20 MG
Contraindications of Topcid 20 MG
Side effects of Topcid 20 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Constipation, diarrhoea
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Jaundice, hepatitis
- Blood disorders like low blood count
- Severe allergic reactions, red pale bumps, swelling on face, lips or tongue, prickling sensation
- Muscle injury or muscle pain
- Confusion, aggression
- Skin disorders
Precautions and Warnings of Topcid 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person with kidney problems, may experience symptoms like confusion, hallucinations, fits or altered mental state, laziness, etc.
- You have a kidney problem, the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You may develop a risk of stomach cancer.
Mode of Action of Topcid 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Topcid 20 MG
Interactions of Topcid 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Topcid 20mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- Medicines that can affect the absorption of this medicine are Fosamprenavir, Atazanavir and Rilpivirine used to treat HIV, Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir to treat Hepatitis C, Erlotinib, Nilotinib, Dasatinib to treat cancer....
- If Tizanidine is used along with Topcid 20mg Tablet, can cause a drop in blood pressure, low heartbeat, or drowsiness.
- Other medicines are Delavirdine mesylate to treat HIV, Cefditoren (antibiotic) and Antibiotics like Itraconazole or Ketoconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Topcid 20 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Topcid 20 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.