Topaz 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Topaz 200 MG Description
Topaz Tablet contains topiramate which is an anti-epileptic medicine. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy also known as fits (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions w
here part of the brain or whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood. It works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or the whole brain and in turn, stops the generation of seizures. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions or constipation, tiredness, low mood, sleepiness, dizziness are some of the side effects of using Topaz Tablet. This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Uses of Topaz 200 MG
- Topaz Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or the whole brain is affected).
- It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood.
Contraindications of Topaz 200 MG
- If you are allergic to topiramate or any of the other ingredients of Topaz Tablet.
- If you are pregnant and using this medicine for the prevention of migraine headache.
Side effects of Topaz 200 MG
- Loose motions
- Low mood
- Blurred vision
- Loss of hair
Precautions and Warnings of Topaz 200 MG
- Components of Topaz Tablet are known to be harmful to foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women.
- It is necessary to perform a pregnancy test before starting with Topaz Tablet.
- If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney problems such as kidney stones.
- You have metabolic acidosis (body fluid and blood abnormality).
- You have glaucoma (an eye disorder).
- You are pregnant or a woman of childbearing age, as taking this medicine in pregnancy could be dangerous for the foetus.
- You are taking any other medicine containing topiramate
- You have suicidal thoughts or harming yourself, in such cases immediately inform your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Topaz Tablet on your own without consulting your doctor.
- The weight of the patient should be checked regularly as taking this medicine may cause weight loss.
Mode of Action of Topaz 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Topaz 200 MG
Interactions of Topaz 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Topaz Tablet with medicines used in brain diseases such as phenytoin or carbamazepine, herbal preparations of st John's wort decreases the blood concentration of this medicine.
- Taking this medicine with valproic acid can cause a decrease in body temperature.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations before starting with Topaz Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Topaz 200 MG
- Store at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Topaz 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Topaz Tablet?
Q: How Topaz Tablet works?
Q: Can Topaz Tablet cause hair loss?
Q: Does Topaz Tablet make you sleepy?
Q: Can I stop taking Topaz Tablet suddenly if I feel good?
- Topamax 50 Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Topamax 50 Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]