Tolcontin 4mg Tablets
Tolcontin Cr 4 MG Description
Tolcontin Cr Tablet contains tolterodine, as an active ingredient. It is used to treat frequent urination, urinary incontinence or urinary urgency. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder
and prevents urgency, frequency and uncontrolled urination. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Tolcontin Cr Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce altered responses, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming before starting with this Tablet.
|Overactive bladder with symptoms of increased urinary frequency, urgency and loss of bladder control
|Headache, dizziness, sleepiness
|DRUGS FOR URINARY INCONTINENCE
Uses of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
Contraindications of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
- If you are allergic to Tolterodine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are not able to pass the urine.
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled pressure inside the eyes.
- If you are suffering from inflammatory bowel disease that causes pain and swelling in the digestive tract.
- If you are suffering from a condition when the colon is unable to remove gas or faeces from the body.
Side effects of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
- Breathing problem like bronchitis
- Headache, dizziness, sleepiness, burning or prickling sensation
- Dry eyes, impaired vision, spinning head, palpitations
- Dry mouth, indigestion, stomach pain, flatulence, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Dry skin, difficulty in urination
- Tiredness, chest pain, swelling
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a digestion problem.
- You are suffering from liver and kidney problems.
- You have a hernia problem (a condition when a part of the stomach pushes into the chest cavity).
- You experience decreased bowel movements or suffer from severe constipation.
- You previously had or have any kind of heart condition like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You experience electrolyte imbalance like a decrease in potassium, calcium or magnesium level in your blood.
Mode of Action of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
- Take Tolcontin Cr Tablet as instructed by your doctor
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to
- Never stop the medicine on your own
Interactions of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Ketoconazole, Itraconazole to treat bacterial and fungal infection is not recommended to use simultaneously along with Tolcontin Cr Tablet.
- Medicines like Amantadine to treat Parkinson's disease, Phenothiazine, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, etc. to treat psychiatric conditions, antihistamines to treat allergies are not recommended for concomitant use, as they can worsen the side effects....
- Tolcontin Cr Tablet can reduce the effects of medicines like Metoclopramide, Domperidone and Cisapride to treat nausea and vomiting.
Storage and disposal of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
- Store Tolcontin Cr Tablet at room temperature, protected from light and moisture
- Keep out of reach of the children and pets
Dosage of Tolcontin Cr 4 MG
- Symptoms of overdose may include fits, hallucinations, breathing problems, faster heartbeat, difficulty in urination, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Tolcontin Cr Tablet?
- Give a detailed account of your medical, surgical and allergy history (especially if you have a history of irregular heartbeats, liver or kidney problems)
- Tell your doctor if you are already taking any other medicine like antibiotics, antidepressants, or any heart medicines.
Q: How long should I take Tolcontin Cr Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Tolcontin Cr Tablet?
Q: What does Tolcontin Cr Tablet contains?
- Tolterodine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Tolterodine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Tolterodine - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]