Toficalm 50mg Tablet
Toficalm 50 MG Description
Toficalm 50 mg Tablet is a prescription medication used for conditions like anxiety and alcohol withdrawal. Anxiety is a persistent feeling of fear and worry that disrupts normal life. Toficalm 5
0 mg Tablet has tofisopam as an active ingredient. Tofisopam acts by controlling certain chemicals in the brain that cause a calming effect. Toficalm 50 mg has certain side effects like nausea, headache, vomiting and bloating. It is generally taken as a long term medicine and should be swallowed orally. Toficalm should be taken according to the recommended dose and cannot be discontinued abruptly.
Uses of Toficalm 50 MG
- Toficalm 50 mg Tablet is used for,
- Treatment of anxiety
- Treatment of alcohol withdrawal
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome(IBS)
Contraindications of Toficalm 50 MG
Side effects of Toficalm 50 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness of mouth
- Inability to sleep
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Toficalm 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of glaucoma, respiratory issues, kidney or liver disorders.
- You want to discontinue the medicine or reduce the dose. It can take up to 3 months to see any effects on the body, so keep continuing the medicine. Do not stop taking the dose without consulting your doctor. ...
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of the medicine.
- Toficalm 50 mg Tablet is known to interact with certain medications, and hence you should share proper medical history with the doctor.
Mode of Action of Toficalm 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Toficalm 50 MG
- Directions for Use(List)
- Toficalm 50 mg Tablet should be taken according to the recommendation of a doctor.
- It is usually taken as a long term medicine every day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Try to maintain a schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day.
- Swallow the tablet orally with a glass of water.
- The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Toficalm 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Toficalm 50 mg tablet can interact with various medicines like:
- Aminophylline(medicine for asthma) and antipsychotics like haloperidol can lead to depression of the nervous system.
- Methadone( pain relief medicines) can lead to severe side effects.
- Anti-epilepsy medicines like carbamazepine can lead to severe side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Toficalm Tablet does not interact with any particular food item. Caffeine-containing beverages like tea or coffee should be avoided while taking Toficalm Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Toficalm 50 MG
Dosage of Toficalm 50 MG
- If you happen to take too much of the Toficalm 50 mg Tablet, reach out to your doctor. Other than the common side effects, any serious changes should be reported to the doctor.
- Never share Toficalm 50 mg Tablet with someone having similar symptoms, it can lead to overdose.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I follow a specific diet while taking Toficalm 50 mg Tab?
Q: Is Toficalm 50 mg Tablet habit-forming?
- Yes, Toficalm 50 mg Tablet is habit-forming and has a high potential for abuse. Therefore, it should be taken only when recommended by the doctor, and you should follow the advised schedule and dose.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (2022). PubChem Compound Summary for CID 5502, Tofisopam. Retrieved January 28, 2022 from
- Rundfeldt C, Socała K, Wlaź P. The atypical anxiolytic drug, tofisopam, selectively blocks phosphodiesterase isoenzymes and is active in the mouse model of negative symptoms of psychosis. J Neural Transm (Vienna) [Internet]. 2010;117(11):1319–25. Available from: