Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tixor Plus 250mg Injection Description
Tixor Plus 250mg Injection contains a combination of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam which belongs to the class of cephalosporin and penicillin antibiotics respectively.
|You Save||₹5.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ceftriaxone + Tazobactam|
Check more medicines with composition as Ceftriaxone + Tazobactam
Uses of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
It is mainly used before surgeries to prevent infection which may arise post-surgery like vaginal or abdominal surgeries to remove uterus, surgery to remove gall bladder stone or for jaundice, etc.
Contraindications of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam and any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems
- Should not be given to premature babies
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in blood
Side effects of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
- Loose stools
- Rash and severe skin allergies (Allergic dermatitis)
- Bleeding disorder (coagulopathy)
- Itching and pain at the injection site
- Increased liver enzymes
- Decrease in white blood cells and red blood cells
- Increased number of eosinophils (Eosinophilia)
- Increased creatinine levels in blood
Precautions and Warnings of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
Can I take Tixor Plus 250mg Injection during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not clearly known, it must be used only if prescribed by your doctor
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby
- Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I take Tixor Plus 250mg Injection while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes in human milk in low amounts
- The baby should be monitored for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of mouth
- Your doctor will decide if the medicine should be discontinued when you are breastfeeding, only after assessing the benefit over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Tixor Plus 250mg Injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection, thus be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Tixor Plus 250mg Injection?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness. It is advisable to avoid alcohol if you have taken this injection
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy after taking the antibiotic
- You have developed diarrhea after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and inform your doctor
- You have serious liver and kidney disease
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease
- You are suffering from anaemia
- You are suffering from disease of bowel inflammation (Colitis)
Mode of Action of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
How Does It Work?
- Tixor Plus 250mg Injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Ceftriaxone
- Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally
Directions for Use of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- This injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution
- This medicine alters the action of oral contraceptives. Thus it is advisable to use alternative contraceptive measures like condoms when you are taking this medicine
- This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given
Storage and disposal of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
- Store it below 25°C protected from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly
Dosage of Tixor Plus 250mg Injection
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, therefore chances of overdose are rare
- However, if you experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach upset immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this Tixor Plus 250mg Injection?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
Presenting our Lucky Hours Winners For November 23-25, 2023
At PharmEasy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As your healthcare and wellness partner, your health and well-being matter the most to us. To help you take it easy with your healthcare needs and enjoy guaranteed savings – the idea of ‘Lucky Hour’ was born. During our ‘Lucky Hours,’ the lucky
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.