Tiotrop 9 MCG Description
Tiotrop Oral Inhaler contains tiotropium as an active ingredient. It is used for the maintenance of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is a bronchodilator that acts by dilating the airw
ay tract by relaxing the smooth muscle. It should be taken for inhalation purpose via the mouth and not to be swallowed. Take it at the dose recommended by your doctor for the prescribed duration to gain the optimal benefit from it. You may experience dry mouth or oral infection after using Tiotrop Oral Inhaler. Hence, it is recommended to maintain oral hygiene while on this medication.
Uses of Tiotrop 9 MCG
Contraindications of Tiotrop 9 MCG
Side effects of Tiotrop 9 MCG
- Application site irritation (swollen tongue, mouth ulceration and pharyngolaryngeal pain)
- Sinusitis, headache, dizziness
- Constipation, dry mouth, dehydration
- Pain in joints (arthralgia), joint swelling
- Fungal infection in the mouth
- Taste disorders, throat irritation
- Intraocular pressure increased
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Tiotrop 9 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tiotrop Oral Inhaler.
- Your respiratory condition gets worsened characterized by breathing difficulty.
- You have an eye condition known as narrow-angle glaucoma.
- You have kidney disease and urinary retention conditions.
- Tiotrop Oral Inhaler should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
- Tiotrop Oral Inhaler should not be used for acute attacks or as rescue therapy.
Mode of Action of Tiotrop 9 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tiotrop 9 MCG
Interactions of Tiotrop 9 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tiotrop Oral Inhaler used along with other anticholinergic medicine such as ipratropium can cause additive effect, increasing side effects.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Tiotrop 9 MCG
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the children and pets.
- Do not puncture the canister, break it or burn it even if it is empty.
Dosage of Tiotrop 9 MCG
- Excess of Tiotrop Oral Inhaler can cause dry mouth and inflammation of the eye.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.