Thyrox 88mcg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
100 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thyrox 88 MCG Description
Thyrox 88 tablet is used to control hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. Thyrox 88 tablet contains levothyroxine as the a
ctive component. Levothyroxine is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine produced naturally by the thyroid gland. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before taking Thyrox 88 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹24.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, diarrhoea, vomiting, rashes|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
Check more medicines with composition as Thyroxine(88.0 Mcg)
Uses of Thyrox 88 MCG
Thyrox 88 tablet is used to control hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Contraindications of Thyrox 88 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any other ingredient of Thyrox 88 tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland that produces too much thyroid hormone (thyrotoxicosis).
Side effects of Thyrox 88 MCG
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrox 88 MCG
Can I take Thyrox 88 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Thyrox 88 tablet in pregnancy. This medicine should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Thyrox 88 tablet while breastfeeding?
Thyrox 88 tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should only be taken by breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thyrox 88 tablet?
Thyrox 88 tablet has almost no effect on driving ability. However, if you experience any effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Thyrox 88 tablet?
There is limited information on the interaction of alcohol with Thyrox 88 tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age).
- You have a hormone-related disorder called panhypopituitarism.
- You have heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- You are taking medicines for the management of diabetes.
- You experience fits/seizures.
Mode of Action of Thyrox 88 MCG
How Does It Work?
The thyroid hormone called thyroxine is produced naturally by the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland is not able to produce the thyroid hormone. Thyrox 88 tablet replaces thyroxine and helps to prevent and control the symptoms of hypothyroidism....
Directions for Use of Thyrox 88 MCG
- Take Thyrox 88 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Thyrox 88 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Thyrox 88 tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about any other medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, oral contraceptives, etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners, and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Thyrox 88 tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 5 hours with Thyrox 88 tablet....
Storage and disposal of Thyrox 88 MCG
- Store Thyrox 88 tablet in a cool and dry place below 25°C.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Thyrox 88 MCG
- The symptoms of an overdose of Thyrox 88 tablet include fever, chest pain, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc.
- If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of Thyrox 88 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
- Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Thyrox 88 to lose weight?
A: No, Thyrox 88 tablet is not a weight loss medication. It is used to control and manage hypothyroidism. This medicine should be used only if it is prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders. Do not self-medicate or use it for any other ailments other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: When should I take Thyrox 88?
A: Thyrox 88 tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by your doctor. However, it can be preferably taken before breakfast or the first meal of the day. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Q: Can I stop Thyrox 88 on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Thyrox 88 tablet on your own, even if you start feeling better without consulting a doctor. You must take it for as long as the doctor recommends. Stopping this medicine suddenly may make your symptoms come back.
Q: What is Thyrox 88 used for?
A: Thyrox 88 tablet is used to control and manage hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Q: Can I take Thyrox 88 with other medicines?
A: Your doctor will recommend if you can take Thyrox 88 tablet with other medicines. You should always inform your doctor about all other medicines, supplements, or herbals that you are taking to avoid any possible interaction. Do not take this medicine on your own without informing your doctor.
Q: How long should I take Thyrox 88?
A: You should take Thyrox 88 tablet for as long as the doctor has prescribed it to you. The dose and duration of this medicine is normally adjusted by the doctor depending on your condition. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can I take Thyrox 88 daily?
A: Thyrox 88 tablet can be taken daily if it is prescribed by your doctor. However, it is recommended to take this medicine at the same time every day. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
Q: Can Thyrox 88 be used in children?
A: Thyrox 88 tablet can be used in children only if it is recommended by the doctor. Do not give this medicine to your child on your own.
Q: Is levothyroxine and Thyrox 88 the same?
A: Yes, Thyrox 88 contains levothyroxine as the active substance.
Q: Can I take Thyrox 88 if I am pregnant?
A: There is limited information on the effect of Thyrox 88 tablet in pregnancy. This medicine should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 October 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 October 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 October 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 10 October 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 October 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed