Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
By CHANDRA BHAGAT PHARMA PVT LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thromboparin 25000iu Inj is an anticoagulant or blood thinner medicine. It contains heparin as its active ingredient. Thromboparin 25000iu Inj is used in certain medical conditions where the blood v
essels get blocked due to the formation of clots. It is used to treat and prevent the formation of blood clots affecting the legs, lungs and heart. It helps in stopping the growth of blood clot that is already formed and inhibits its growth further. However, it does not decrease the size of clots that are already formed. The dose and duration of this medicine are decided by your doctor after accessing your medical condition. Inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment....
Uses of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
- To treat and prevent the formation of blood clots in leg veins (deep vein thrombosis) and lungs (pulmonary embolism).
- To prevent the formation of blood clots in the heart following a heart attack (mural thrombosis) and chest pain due to blockage in blood vessels of the heart (angina).
- To prevent the formation of clots in catheters (a thin tube) used in veins for a longer period.
Contraindications of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
- If you are allergic to heparin or any other ingredients of this medicine or had an episode of skin allergy following heparin use.
- If you have high blood pressure or purpura (purple spots due to leakage of blood within the skin).
- If you are supposed to undergo surgery of the brain, spine or eye, a lumbar puncture or local anaesthetic nerve block or any other procedure where bleeding could be a problem.
- If you are supposed to take diclofenac (pain and inflammation) intravenously.
- If you drink too often or a large amount of alcohol and currently bleeding from anywhere in the body.
- If you have a bleeding disorder or have haemophilia (a rare disorder where your blood does not clot easily).
- If you have active tuberculosis, serious liver disorder or if you bruise easily.
- This injection should not be administered intramuscularly or following a trauma.
Side effects of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
- Tingling or numbness in the legs
- Back pain
- Local irritation
- Nose bleeds
- Black tarry stools
Precautions and Warnings of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
Can I take the Thromboparin 25000iu Inj during pregnancy?
This injection can be given during pregnancy. Tell your doctor about your expected delivery dates since this injection should not be taken before delivery and should be stopped at the onset of labour. If you have a history of miscarriage you should inform the doctor. There is a risk of Osteoporosis (thinner bones) if you receive heparin for a long time during pregnancy.
Can I take the Thromboparin 25000iu Inj while breastfeeding?
Ask your doctor or nurse if you wish to breastfeed to avoid any undesirable effects in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Thromboparin 25000iu Inj ?
Thromboparin 25000iu Inj does not influence your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with the Thromboparin 25000iu Inj ?
This medicine is contraindicated in individuals who consume alcohol too frequently in large amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any health condition that makes you more likely to bleed such as stomach ulcer, hernia, inflammation of the heart, problems in the back of your eye, piles, a stroke, cancer or threatened miscarriage. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or nurse....Read more
- You are elderly, over 60 years of age.
- You have diabetes, excess acid or high levels of potassium in your blood or are taking a medicine that may increase the potassium level in your blood (e.g. amiloride, triamterene).
- You have kidney or liver disease or suffer from allergies or previously had an allergy after taking similar medicines.
- You are taking another medicine that may affect your blood clotting.
- Your doctor may take a blood test up to several weeks after the end of your heparin treatment. This is so the doctor can check the level of the clotting cells (platelets) in your blood.
- Your doctor will check your blood if you receive treatment for more than five days and may do other blood tests if you have major surgery.
- You have been given epidural anaesthesia (given into the spine).
- You have signs of tingling, weakness or numbness in your lower legs or body, back pain or problems in passing urine.
- You must remind your doctor that you are on heparin before you receive any anaesthetic.
Mode of Action of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
How Does It Work?
Thromboparin 25000iu Inj is an anticoagulant medicine. Heparin in this injection works by inactivating certain enzymes involved in the blood coagulation and hence reduces the clotting ability of bloo
Directions for Use of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
- Thromboparin 25000iu Inj is given under medical supervision in a clinic or hospital.
- Please follow any aftercare suggestions given by the doctor or nurse.
- Reach out to your doctor if you experience any undesirable effects right after administration of this injection.
Interactions of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Pain killers, analgesics and anti-inflammatory medicines such as aspirin, ketorolac and intravenous diclofenac should be avoided while on treatment with this injection as the concomitant use may impose the risk of bleeding....Read more
- Medicines that may interfere with blood coagulation should be avoided. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor or nurse.
- Other anticoagulants or antiplatelet medicines that are taken orally should be avoided while on treatment with this medicine.
- Certain antibiotics such as cefaclor, cefixime and ceftriaxone may affect the coagulation process and impose the risk of bleeding hence the concomitant use should be avoided.
- Probenecid, a medicine used for the treatment of gout may increase the anticoagulant effect of this medicine.
- There are chances of increased potassium levels if you are taking certain antihypertensive medicines or aliskiren. This can be detected by a blood test, let your doctor know about any blood pressure-lowering medicine you are taking....Read more
Storage and disposal of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
Store it below 25°C in the original package. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Thromboparin 25000iu Inj
An overdose of this injection is unlikely since it is given under the supervision of a healthcare expert in a hospital or a clinic. However, an overdose may lead to bleeding problems and certain blood
clotting parameters which need to be monitored. If you think you have been given too much of this medicine inform your doctor....
Missed a Dose
The chance of missing a dose is unlikely since it is given by a healthcare expert. If you think any dose of this injection is missed inform your doctor or nurse. Missing a dose of this medicine can le
ad to complications related to blood clots and can be harmful and detrimental....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Thromboparin 25000iu Inj ?
A: Thromboparin 25000iu Inj is an anticoagulant or blood thinner. It is used to prevent or treat the formation of blood clots in the body. However, it does not help in reducing the size of blood clots that are already formed.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 07:10 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved