Thaloma 100mg Capsule
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thaloma 100 MG Description
Thaloma Capsule is an immunomodulatory medicine. It modulates the immune system. Thaloma is used to treat lepra reaction of skin as well as white blood cell cancer. It contains thalidomide as an acti
ve ingredient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a certain chemical substance that causes swelling. It also modulates and strengthens the immune system. It kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, thereby preventing the spread of cancer. Take Thaloma as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Thaloma Capsule should be avoided if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
|You Save||₹90.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Cancer and Lepra reaction|
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, constipation, tremor|
Check more medicines with composition as Thalidomide(100.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Thaloma 100mg Capsule
- Thycad 100mg CapsuleBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 558.17₹ 474.447.13% CHEAPER₹ 47.44/Capsule
- Thalix 100mg CapsuleBy Dabur India Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 619.47₹ 526.55₹ 52.65/Capsule
Uses of Thaloma 100 MG
- Used to treat skin reactions caused due to leprosy.
- It is also used to treat white blood cell cancer.
Contraindications of Thaloma 100 MG
- If you are allergic to thalidomide or any other ingredients of Thaloma Capsule.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or of childbearing age.
- If male patients are unable to comply with the contraceptive method.
Side effects of Thaloma 100 MG
- Peripheral swelling
- Decreased blood count
- Abnormal sensations such as pricking and tingling
Precautions and Warnings of Thaloma 100 MG
Can I take Thaloma Capsule during pregnancy?
Thaloma Capsule should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning pregnancy while on this medicine.
Can I take Thaloma Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the component of Thaloma passes into the breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thaloma Capsule?
You should avoid driving as you may feel fatigued, dizzy and sleepy after taking Thaloma Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Thaloma Capsule?
No, you should not consume alcohol while on Thaloma as it may worsen the side effect. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are above 50 years of age, menopausal or of non-childbearing age.
- You are using any kind of contraceptive method.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have heart disease or conditions.
- You have thyroid or a blood disorder.
- You have kidney or liver damage.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Thaloma.
- You have or experience a tingling sensation or numbness of the extremities.
- You have or had any kind of cancer or cancer lysis.
- You have any active infections.
- You feel sleepy or dizzy.
Mode of Action of Thaloma 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Thalidomide acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of cancer cells and stops cancer cells from making their own blood vessels. Thus, kills the cancer cells. It also modulates the immune system of the body....
Directions for Use of Thaloma 100 MG
- Thaloma Capsule is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Thaloma 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Thaloma Capsule works or Thaloma itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, anti-allergic medicine, other cancer medicine or medicine used to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are taking digoxin.
Storage and disposal of Thaloma 100 MG
- Store Thaloma Capsule at room temperature in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Thaloma 100 MG
Overdose of Thaloma may cause drowsiness, irritability, sickness and headache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Thaloma Capsule may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Thaloma Capsule if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Thaloma Capsule until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to an incomplete killing of cancer cells and thus increase the risk of reoccurrence of cancer. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: My husband is on Thaloma. Can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
A: No, you should not plan pregnancy after the completion of the last dose with Thaloma Capsule. Always consult your doctor before planning a pregnancy and use an effective contraceptive method.
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed