Texid 100mg Ampoule Of 5ml Injection
Texid 100 MG/ML Description
Texid Injection contains tranexamic acid as an active ingredient. Tranexamic acid is used to stop bleeding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body. Avoid using this me
dicine if you are allergic to it, have any kidney or blood diseases, history of fits. Texid Injection will be given to you under the skin as an injection in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Texid 100 MG/ML
- Texid Injection is used to reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods).
- To treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure.
- To reduce bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis.
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanism.
- During and following tooth extractions in patients suffering from a bleeding disorder named haemophilia.
Contraindications of Texid 100 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to Tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of Texid Injection.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits.
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency.
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called thromboembolic diseases. E.g. Heart attack or paralysis due to clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs, etc....
Side effects of Texid 100 MG/ML
Precautions and Warnings of Texid 100 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney disease.
- You are passing blood in the urine.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same.
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately.
- You may require regular eye checks if you are consuming this medicine for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Mode of Action of Texid 100 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Texid 100 MG/ML
Interactions of Texid 100 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- The effect of Texid Injection will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with this medicine, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Texid 100 MG/ML
- Store Texid Injection in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.