Tenorex 100mg Tab
By BARODA PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tenorex 100mg Tab belongs to a class of medications known as Beta-blockers.
Uses of Tenorex 100mg Tab
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- To treat abnormal heartbeats
- To treat chest pain caused due to reduced blood supply in heart muscles (angina pectoris)
- Early treatment after a heart attack
Contraindications of Tenorex 100mg Tab
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have uncontrolled heart failure or heart blocks
- If you have abnormal heart rhythms
- Have adrenal tumor (pheochromocytoma) that is not being treated
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body)
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure
- If you have a slow heart rate
Side effects of Tenorex 100mg Tab
- Slow heartbeat
- Cold fingers and toes
- Loose stools
Precautions and Warnings of Tenorex 100mg Tab
Can I take Tenorex 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
- Tenorex 100mg Tab crosses the placenta and can cause harm to the fetus
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in pregnancy
Can I take Tenorex 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into mother’s milk. This medicine may cause low blood sugar and slow heartbeat in your baby; hence, it is not safe to take Tenorex 100mg Tab during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tenorex 100mg Tab?
This medicine doesn't affect your ability to drive. However, it can cause dizziness or tiredness. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Tenorex 100mg Tab?
- Alcohol consumption along with this medicine can lower your blood pressure
- It is advised to avoid alcohol during the treatment
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, this medicine can worsen your asthma
- You have diabetes, caution is required. Atenolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body's response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar, suchas an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....Read more
- You shall be undergoing a surgery
- You have a condition of chest pain called Prinzmetal's angina
- You have an overactive thyroid (thyrotoxicosis)
- You have psoriasis, it can worsen this condition
Mode of Action of Tenorex 100mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Atenolol is a Beta-blocker. It works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Tenorex 100mg Tab
- Take Tenorex 100mg Tab as directed by your doctor
- Take this medicine every day at the corresponding time
Interactions of Tenorex 100mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or migraine (Clonidine)
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Verapamil, Diltiazem, and Nifedipine)
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeat (Disopyramide, Quinidine or Amiodarone)
- Medicines used to treat heart problem (Digoxin)
- Medicines that help to stimulate the heart (Epinephrine)
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (Ibuprofen or Indometacin)
- Medicines used to treat diabetes, insulin or other diabetic medicines
- Medicines used as anaesthesia (Cyclopropane and Trichlorethylene, Lidocaine, Procainamide)
Storage and disposal of Tenorex 100mg Tab
Do not store above 25°C. Store it in a dry place.
Dosage of Tenorex 100mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose may include slow heart rate, low blood pressure, tightness in chest, sometimes loss of consciousness. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor im
mediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compe
nsate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own?
A: Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor. If you stop the medication of a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc. then immediately report to the doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in our serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: I shall be soon undergoing surgery, is there any precaution needed for the same?
A: Yes, it would be best if you inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine. This medicine can have interactions with anaesthesia given during surgery, hence your anaesthetic must know the same and plan accordingly.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:41 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved