Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Tenamit M Tablet is a combination of Teneligliptin and Metformin and prescribed to patinets with diabetes. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise alone are not effective.
Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose or consume it more than that prescribed. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or are a type 1 diabetes patient. Before starting Tenamit M Tablet, inform the doctor about your medical history & all the medicines you take.
|₹16.94 (14% on MRP)
|Teneligliptin(20.0 Mg) + Metformin Hydrochloride(500.0 Mg)
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus
|Nausea, indigestion, abdominal cramps, diarrhea
Uses of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems
- If you are an alcoholic
- If you are in a state of diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus
- If you have a severe infection or you have gone through a surgery
- You have known history of pancreatitis
Side effects of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood sugar level, be watchful for symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, anxiety, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Stomach pain
- Rashes, itching, allergy
- Lactic acidosis (too much acid in the body)
Precautions and Warnings of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing the serious side effect of pancreatitis.
Other General Warnings
- If you have known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop this medicine and report to the hospital.
- If you have a liver or heart problem like irregular heartbeat and heart failure.
- If you are suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting and loss of body fluids.
- If you have serious liver and kidney function problems.
- If you have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake and intense exercise.
- If you have a history of any abdomen surgery.
- If you are using other medicines like Glimepiride because it can cause a drop in blood sugar level.
- If you experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty and low body temperature. It could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
Mode of Action of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Take this medicine with or after a meal to reduce its side effects
- Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage
- Take this tablet as a whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking this medicine before or at the time of injection...
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin and Liraglutide
- Medicines used to treat depression like Phenelzine
- Medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin)
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol, Propranolol and Verapamil
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking steroids, thyroxine
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest
Interactions with food items
- Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term Metformin therapy and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended
Storage and disposal of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Tenamit M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- In case of an overdose, lactic acidosis may occur.
- Symptoms of lactic acidosis might vary from vomiting, stomach and muscle cramps, even causing difficulty in breathing in patients.
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
- Carry a fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food, do not shop when you are hungry
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee or deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables and vegetable curries with excess oil