Temax 40mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Temax Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains telmisartan as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart-related conditions such as stroke, heart attack etc. It works by relaxing the blood vessels by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. The dose and duration of the treatment of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a critical health condition if not treated well can affect other organs or lead to other health-related conditions. Hence it is important to take your medicines on time regularly and incorporate certain lifestyle modifications for effective blood pressure control. Staying active, eating a healthy nutritious diet low in salt and fat, avoiding smoking and limiting alcohol consumption are a few such modifications. Consult your doctor for detailed information and he may suggest to you what suits you the best....
|You Save||₹16.11 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure, prevention of heart attack & stroke|
|Side effects||Flu-like symptoms, back pain, sinus infection, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Temax 40mg Tablet
Uses of Temax 40 MG
- For the treatment of high blood pressure
- To reduce the risk of heart related conditions such as heart attack or stroke
Contraindications of Temax 40 MG
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are in second or third trimesters of pregnancy
- If you have blockage in bile duct (a duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder) or liver related disease
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Temax 40 MG
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain
- Sinus infection
- Lung and airway infection
Precautions and Warnings of Temax 40 MG
Can I take Temax Tablet during pregnancy?
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby
- This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby
- If you are on this medication and planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed
Can I take Temax Tablet while breastfeeding?
Temax Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Temax Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive. Hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Temax Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhea, vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have adequate about of water and fluids
- You have any heart disorder
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril, Lisinopril
Mode of Action of Temax 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes narrowing of blood vessels. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. Temax Tablet prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowering the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Temax 40 MG
- Temax Tablet should be swallowed with water as directed by your doctor
- Take this medicine at the same time for effective blood pressure control
Interactions of Temax 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for heart disorders like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids are used to treat an inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
Telmisartan can be taken with or without food. It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli, potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Temax 40 MG
- Temax Tablet does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Temax 40 MG
- Overdose symptoms can include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Temax Tablet?
A: No, do not take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine as telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels. Periodic tests to determine blood potassium are done when one is taking this medicine
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit salt in the diet, avoid pickles and packaged foods like chips as it contains excess salt.
- Avoid consuming potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol consumption. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
- Telmisartan [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
- AG-Telmisartan Tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.