Teltor Av Tab
By PANACEA BIOTEC LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Teltor Av Tab contains a combination of Atorvastatin and Telmisartan as active ingredients.
Uses of Teltor Av Tab
It is used to treat hypertension (High blood pressure) when it exists with increased/ deranged cholesterol.
Contraindications of Teltor Av Tab
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have or ever had any liver disease or any abnormality in liver function test
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir
- If you are in the second or third trimester of pregnancy
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders)
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorder and you have been treated with Aliskiren (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Teltor Av Tab
- Body pain (joint, back, throat and muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Abnormal liver function test and increased creatinine level
- Flu-like symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (inflammation of the eye also known as pink eye)
- Palpitations (irregular heartbeats)
- Chest pain
- Dry Mouth
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasm or pain
- Shortness of breath
- Skin disorders like rash
Precautions and Warnings of Teltor Av Tab
Can I take Teltor Av Tab during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek for safer alternative.
Can I take Teltor Av Tab while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Teltor Av Tab?
As this medicine contains Telmisartan, this medicine may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Teltor Av Tab?
- Alcohol consumption, along with this medicine can lower your blood pressure and can increase side effects like dizziness or drowsiness
- As this medicine contains Telmisartan, it is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment
- If you have any liver disease or history of liver disease, you should inform your doctor before taking this medicine as this may increase the chance of liver damage with alcohol
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have liver or kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant
- If you experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- If you are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid as this may cause serious muscle injury
- If you have respiratory failure
- If you are addicted to alcohol
- If you have any thyroid problems
- If you have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- If you develop diarrhoea, vomiting, dehydration, it can result in low blood pressure and can be dangerous. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids
- If you have any heart disorder
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- If you are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- If you have a high level of potassium in your blood
- If you are suffering from diabetes
- If you are taking medicines like Ramipril and Lisinopril
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you are addicted to alcohol
Mode of Action of Teltor Av Tab
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme and lowers bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and also other lipids or fats in the blood. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levelsread less
- Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes narrowing of blood vessels. It leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors and causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressureread less
Directions for Use of Teltor Av Tab
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time every day
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do
- Never stop this medicine on your own
Interactions of Teltor Av Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Atorvastatin and Telmisartan, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Medicines used to treat HIV/AIDS like Ritonavir, to treat hepatitis C like Telaprevir and antifungal medicines like Erythromycin and Ketoconazole
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like Amlodipine, Digoxin or blood thinners like Warfarin
- Medicines used for fits like Stiripentol
- Antacids like Cimetidine and Magnesium
- Other medicines used to lower cholesterol like Ezetimibe
- Medicine used to treat pain like Phenazone
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium and potassium-sparing diuretics
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide or steroids
Interactions with food items
- Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Atorvastatin
- It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli and potatoes as Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels
Storage and disposal of Teltor Av Tab
- Teltor Av Tab does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Try to keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Teltor Av Tab
As this medicine contains Telmisartan, symptoms of overdose may include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Teltor Av Tab?
- No, do not take any medicine/ supplement containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine
- Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels
- Conduct a periodic test to determine blood potassium when one is taking this medicine
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet especially pickles and packaged foods like chips as they contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
- Canadian monograph.Atorvastatin. [Accessed on 17.Mar.2020] (online)
- Ema.SmPC.Atorvastatin. [Accessed on 17.Mar.2020] (online)
- Ema.PIL.Micardis 20 mg tablets. [Accessed on 17.Mar.2020] (online)
- Canadian monograph. AG-Telmisartan. [Accessed on 17.Mar.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. [Accessed on 17.Mar.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback + Freebies up to Rs.500on your 1st medicine order
Additional Rs.150 off + Freebies up to Rs.500 on 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved