Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telmikind-H tablet is an anti-hypertensive used to treat high blood pressure when it cannot be managed using a single medicine. It is a combination of telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide. This medicin
e acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing diuresis, which acts synergistically to lower the raised blood pressure....
Uses of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telmikind-H tablet is used to treat high blood pressure when Telmisartan alone is unable to control blood pressure.
Contraindications of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan, hydrochlorothiazide or any other ingredients of the Telmikind-H tablet.
- If you have serious liver or kidney-related disorders.
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and a decrease in potassium levels.
- If you have diabetes and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren.
Side effects of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low blood pressure
- A dry mouth
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Muscle ache
Precautions and Warnings of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Telmikind-H tablet during pregnancy?
- The components of the Telmikind-H tablet is known to cause foetal abnormalities and lead to threatened pregnancy; thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are on this medicine and planning a pregnancy, then inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take the Telmikind-H tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use the Telmikind-H tablet when you are breastfeeding. It can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Telmikind-H tablet?
It is advised not to drive after taking the Telmikind-H tablet. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with the Telmikind-H tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking the Telmikind-H tablet as it is known to cause low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, giddiness especially after taking the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy. This medicine will be changed.
- You have underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney-related problem, heart diseases, diabetes, etc.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have an electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of the mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You develop eye pain and a decrease in vision.
Mode of Action of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind-H tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do so. Never stop this medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture; thus, should be taken out from the blister just before use.
Interactions of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Telmikind-H tablet or the Telmikind-H tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, antipsychotic medicines, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, other blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, anticoagulants, anti-cancer medicines, etc....Read more
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-Parkinson's medicines, anti-gout medicines like allopurinol, etc.
- Medicines used to relax muscle tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Storage and disposal of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the Telmikind-H tablet in the original packaging.
- Protect it from moisture and light.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Telmikind H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
An excess of the Telmikind-H tablet can cause low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, c
ontact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it a
s soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the Telmikind-H tablet on my own?
A: Don’t suddenly stop taking the Telmikind-H tablet without talking to your doctor. If you stop this medication abruptly, you can suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: I am experiencing episodes of low blood pressure. What can I do?
- If you are taking the Telmikind-H tablet in the initial few days, you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness.
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water.
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If you experience giddiness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down.
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination while on the Telmikind H tablet?
A: The excess fluid that builds up in the body gets eliminated via urine, thereby lowering your blood pressure and providing relief from oedema.
Q: What is the difference between the Telmikind H tablet and Telmikind AM?
A: Telmikind-H tablet is a combination of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, while Telmikind AM is combination of Telmisartan and Amlodipine. Both medicines are used to lower the raised blood pressure. However, the use of each medicine differs based on the blood pressure range and the conditions associated with it. Your doctor would assess your health condition and decide the most appropriate medicine for you.
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg/12.5 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg/12.5 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- DailyMed - TELMISARTAN AND HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved