Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telma H tablet is used to treat high blood pressure when Telmisartan alone is unable to control the blood pressure. It is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Dizziness, dry mouth and diarrhoea are few side effects of this medicine. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma H tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure when Telmisartan alone is not able to control blood pressure.
Contraindications of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Hydrochlorothiazide or any of the ingredients of Telma H tablet.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like sulfasalazine and other drugs from this class.
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to the bile duct (a canal connecting the liver to the intestine) like cholestasis.
- If you have serious kidney problems.
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and a decrease in potassium levels.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren.
- Telma H 40 mg tablet should not be taken by pregnant women.
Side effects of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Loose stools
- Dry mouth
- Muscle and back pain
- Tingling sensation
- Muscle ache
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Telma H 40 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Telma H 40 mg tablet should never be taken during pregnancy as its components are known to cause fetal abnormalities and death.
- If you are on this tablet and planning pregnancy, then inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take Telma H 40 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use Telma H 40 mg tablet when you are breastfeeding as it can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telma H 40 mg tablet?
It is advised to not drive after taking Telma H 40 mg tablet as it may cause dizziness and drowsiness (sleepiness); which can hamper your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Telma H 40 mg tablet?
You must avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Telma H 40 mg tablet as it is known to cause low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel giddy, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy. This medicine will be changed.
- You have serious heart and heart valve-related problems like heart failure, etc.
- You develop eye problems like eye pain and a decrease in vision.
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis, biliary obstruction.
- Your kidneys are not functioning properly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels).
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have diabetes as Telma H 40 mg tablet may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed.
- You have an electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
Mode of Action of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telma H tablet works by the combined effect of Telmisartan & Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma H 40 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture; thus, should be taken out from blister just before use.
Interactions of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking water tablets, steroids, carbenoxolone (treat mouth ulcers), antifungals like amphotericin, antibiotics like penicillin G and Aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric conditions like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (Amiloride, Spironolactone), Cyclosporin and Heparin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin).
- Telma H tablet can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- Your blood cell production may be hampered if you take this with medicines like Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interfere with the way this medicine works.
- Medicines that may not be able to work properly due to increased potassium levels that are used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine, Digoxin, Sotalol.
- Medicines for mental disorders like Chlorpromazine, Haloperidol and other antibiotics.
- Medicines used to relax muscle tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements.
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like Amantadine.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Telma H 40 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Telma H 40 mg tablets in the original package to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Telma H 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. Seek urgent medical help if you think you have taken too much of Telma H tablets.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems.
- If you missed any dose of Telma H 40 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember, however, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed oneread less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Telma H 40 mg tablet on my own?
A: Do not suddenly stop taking Telma H 40 mg tablet without talking to your doctor. If you stop this medication abruptly, you can suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What should I do if I experience an episode of low blood pressure?
- If you are taking Telma H 40 mg tablet in the initial few days, you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness.
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water.
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If you experience giddiness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down.
Q: Which is better - Telma 40 mg tablet or Telma H 40 mg tablet?
A: Telma 40 mg tablet contains Telmisartan whereas Telma H 40 mg tablet contains a combination of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. Both are used to treat high blood pressure but Telma H 40 mg tablet is mostly used when Telmisartan alone is unable to control the blood pressure. You should consult your doctor; he/she will prescribe a medicine best suited for your condition.
Q: Does Telma H tablet contain Losartan?
A: No, Telma H 40 mg tablet does not contain Losartan.
Q: Is Telma H and Telkonol H the same medicine?
A: Yes, both the medicines contain a combination of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide as their active ingredient.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved