Tbis 0.1% Oint 10gm
By BIOCON LTD
10g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tbis 0.1 %W/W Description
Tbis Ointment is used for the treatment of eczema (a condition that makes your skin itchy and red). It contains tacrolimus as its active ingredient. This medicine is used in patients who do not respond to treatments. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. This medicine is not recommended for use by children below 16 years of age. Before using Tbis Ointment, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹76.57 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Skin conditions like atopic dermatitis or eczema|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR ATOPIC DERMATITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Tacrolimus(0.1 %W/W)
Uses of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
For the treatment of a skin condition called atopic dermatitis or eczema (itchy inflammation of the skin).
Contraindications of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
If you are allergic to Tacrolimus or any other ingredients of Tbis Ointment.
Side effects of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
- Burning or tingling sensation, pain, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, peeling, redness of skin at the area Tbis Ointment is applied.
- Increased skin sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
Can I apply Tbis Ointment during pregnancy?
Tbis Ointment should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety during human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I apply Tbis Ointment while breastfeeding?
Tbis Ointment is not recommended while breastfeeding as Tacrolimus passes into breast milk. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Tbis Ointment?
Tbis Ointment is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or the ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Tbis Ointment?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Tbis Ointment as it may cause skin redness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from liver diseases.
- You are suffering from skin tumours or have a hereditary skin disease like
- You have a weak immune system.
- You are suffering from any rare genetic skin diseases like Netherton's syndrome.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tbis Ointment.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Tbis Ointment is not recommended for use by patients below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Tacrolimus in Tbis Ointment works by suppressing the skin’s immune system, thus reducing allergic reactions like redness, swelling, itching and relieving eczema.
Directions for Use of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
- Tbis Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with bandages, wraps or other wound dressing.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
- Tbis Ointment is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Tbis Ointment should be used with caution along with erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole and diltiazem.
- Do not use moisturising creams and lotions within 2 hours of applying Tbis Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
- Store Tbis Ointment in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Tbis 0.1 %W/W
As Tbis Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Tbis Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tbis Ointment?
A: Tbis Ointment is used to treat a skin condition called atopic dermatitis or eczema (itchy inflammation of the skin).
Q: Can I use Tbis Ointment on the face?
A: Yes, Tbis Ointment can be used on the face if prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Tbis Ointment?
A: If you get any medicine in your eyes, then rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse. If you still experience any discomfort, please contact your doctor immediately.
Q: For how long to use Tbis Ointment?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Tbis Ointment. Do not stop applying this medicine on your own.
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Tacrolimus [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay