Synclar 250mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Synclar Tablet is used in various infections on the body like the skin, soft tissue, chest and stomach infections. It contains clarithromycin which is an antibiotic medicine. It acts by stopping the multiplication of bacteria. Do not take Synclar Tablet if you are having an allergy, abnormal heart rhythm, liver or kidney problems, low potassium or taking medicines for allergy. Do not use it in children below 12 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Synclar Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Synclar 250mg Tablet
Uses of Synclar 250 MG
- Synclar Tablet is used for the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of the throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe).
- It is also used in the treatment of ulcers in the intestine caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori. It is also used for pneumonia as well as for skin infections.
Contraindications of Synclar 250 MG
- If you have any history of allergy to any of the contents of Synclar Tablet or other macrolide antibiotics.
- If you have any abnormality in the heart rhythm like ventricular arrhythmia or QT prolongation.
- If you have any member in the family having a history of abnormal heart rhythm or QT prolongation.
- If you have any liver and/or kidney problems.
- If you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide (as these medicine along with Synclar Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- If you are taking other medicines which may produce abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have low potassium levels in the blood.
- If you are taking medicines like ergotamine, dihydroergotamine (for migraine), colchicine (for gout), ticagrelor, ranolazine (for prevention of heart attack and stroke), lovastatin, simvastatin (cholesterol-lowering medicines)....
Side effects of Synclar 250 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Synclar 250 MG
Can I take Synclar Tablet during pregnancy?
Always consult your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby. After careful clinical examination and evaluating risk-benefit aspects by the doctor, Synclar Tablet will be prescribed if necessary. Avoid self-medication.
Can I take Synclar Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data related to the safety of Synclar Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is not advisable to use this medicine before consulting your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Synclar Tablet?
Synclar Tablet may cause dizziness, headache, tiredness or feel sick. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react, so do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Synclar Tablet?
The chances of dizziness increase if you take Synclar Tablet with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to lincomycin or clindamycin like antibiotics.
- You have abnormal liver or kidney functions.
- You have or had a history of any heart problems.
- Your blood magnesium level has previously been low.
- You have severe or prolonged diarrhoea (pseudomembranous colitis) during or after taking Synclar Tablet.
- You have used Synclar Tablet before on several occasions or for a long time.
- You have signs and symptoms of liver disease such as loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itching or abdomen pain.
- You are using a combination of Synclar Tablet and benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, triazolam and midazolam (medicines used in brain-related diseases).
- You take other medicines which affect your hearing function.
- In case of severe acute hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (skin peeling with increase chances of infection), your doctor may discontinue Synclar Tablet therapy immediately. ...
- It is not recommended to use Synclar Tablet in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Synclar 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Synclar Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. These bacteria also need growth and multiplication for their survival. Clarithromycin being antibiotic medicine halts their growth by blocking the protein synthesis process in them. Thus, their growth and multiplication get arrested and eventually it helps to treat the infectious conditions....
Directions for Use of Synclar 250 MG
- Take Synclar Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time like in the early morning before breakfast.
- Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as a preventive measure.
Interactions of Synclar 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Synclar Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Synclar Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- Concomitant use of Synclar Tablet with other medicines like Digoxin, Quinidine, disopyramide, Verapamil (used in heart problems) may cause abnormal heart rhythm.
- The use of Synclar Tablet with nateglinide, repaglinide or insulin (treatment of diabetes) can result in further lowering of blood glucose levels. Hence, if the combination is used then the blood sugar levels should be monitored. ...
- The effect of Carbamazepine, phenytoin, valproate (medicines to treat epilepsy or fits) and Theophylline (used in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) increases when used together with this medicine....
- Concomitant used of Warfarin, Phenprocoumon (blood-thinning medicines) with Synclar Tablet may increase the chances of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Synclar 250 MG
- Store Synclar Tablet below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Synclar 250 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Synclar Tablet may increase the side effect of medicine. Taking too many tablets may cause abdominal discomfort and other problems. Contact your doctor immediately in case you take too much of the medicine....
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Synclar Tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clarithromycin the same as Amoxicillin?
A: No, Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin are both antibiotics but both the medicines are of a different class. They act on different bacteria with different modes of actions.
Q: What is the use of Synclar Tablet?
A: Synclar Tablet is used for the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of the throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe). It is also used in the treatment of intestinal ulcers caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori.
Q: Is Synclar Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Synclar Tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections.
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clarithromycin - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.