Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet Description
Suprabenz plus 5mg tablet is a prescription medicine for people suffering from anxiety and depression. Suprabenz plus 5mg tablet comes under the class of antidepressants and anti-anxiety medicines. S
uprabenz plus is also prescribed in obsessive-compulsive disorders. Suprabenz Plus 5mg tablet contains two medicines: Escitalopram and Etizolam. Escitalopram increases the serotonin levels in your brain. It is also used to relieve anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Etizolam comes into the category of benzodiazepines(depressant or tranquiliser). It acts as a calming agent and promotes sleep. Due to the Etizolam component of Suprabenz Plus, this medicine can be habit-forming. It should be taken only under appropriate medical supervision and with guidance from a doctor.
|You Save||₹19.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Etizolam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD)|
|Side effects||Headache, Dizziness, Confusion, Forgetfulness, Sleepiness, Tremors, Restlessness, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Increased or decreased appetite|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
Contraindications of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
Side effects of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
- Increased or decreased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience any reaction after consumption of the medicine.
- You get pregnant or are planning on starting a family during the course of the medicine.
Mode of Action of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
- Suprabenz Plus 5mg tablet should be used only under the doctor’s supervision.
- The dosage and duration should be as prescribed.
- The medicine can be taken with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at a fixed time.
Interactions of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- A complete list of medicines consumed by the patient should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. There is an increased risk of bleeding in the person consuming:
- Oral anticoagulants
- Antiplatelet agents
Interactions with food items
- One should not consume alcohol with this medicine as it can further increase sleepiness and dizziness.
Storage and disposal of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
Dosage of Suprabenz Plus 5mg Tablet
- Do not repeat the dose without the doctor's permission. In case of old age, a caretaker should monitor the dosage. Overdosage can have serious issues. Rush to the emergency room in case of severe overdose symptoms....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Suprabenz Plus 5 mg tablet cause weight gain?
Q: How long does it take for a Suprabenz Plus 5mg tablet to start working?
- It may take a couple of weeks before your symptoms get better. It is advised not to stop this medicine without consulting your doctor as it may lead to unpleasant side effects.
- Etizolam. (n.d.). Mims.Com. Retrieved January 23, 2022, from
- Safety of drugs in pregnancy. (n.d.). Mims.Com. Retrieved January 22, 2022, from
- Tamburin, S., Mantovani, E., Bertoldi, A., Federico, A., Casari, R., & Lugoboni, F. (2020). High-dose dependence and cognitive side effects to medical prescription of etizolam. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 11, 601827.
- (N.d.). Who.Int. Retrieved January 23, 2022, from