Sulvo 25mg Tablet
Sulvo 25 MG Description
Sulvo Tablet is used to treat upper abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting and irritable bowel movement. It contains levosulpiride as the main ingredient. This Tablet works by blocking the effect
of dopamine receptors present in the brain. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Sulvo Tablet should be taken 30 mins before meals. While on this medicine it is advised to spicy, oily and junk food. You should as avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
|₹13.30 (14% on MRP)
|Vomitting, Nausea, Stomach reflux, Indigestion
|Low blood pressure, sleepiness, irrregular menstrual cycle, swelling of breasts in men
Uses of Sulvo 25 MG
- For the treatment of upper abdominal pain and bloating (stomach acid reflux).
- Irregular emptying of the stomach in diabetic patients (diabetic gastroparesis).
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Irritable bowel movement, an inflammation of the intestine characterized by constipation, diarrhoea or any other intestinal disorder.
Contraindications of Sulvo 25 MG
- If you have allergic to levosulpiride or any of the ingredients present in this Tablet.
- If you have pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland cancer that gives rise to high blood pressure).
- If you are suffering from bleeding or blockage of the stomach and intestine.
- If you have any psychiatric disorder such as fits, sudden change in mood.
- If you are suffering from changes in breast tissues and nodules and have a high level of prolactin hormone.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- This Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Side effects of Sulvo 25 MG
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Swelling of breasts in men
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Uncontrolled involuntary muscle movements (dyskinesia)
Precautions and Warnings of Sulvo 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any psychiatric disorder and are on medications.
- You experience dizziness, drowsiness after taking this medicine, particularly at high doses.
- You have a history or a family history of heart disease.
- You consume alcohol often.
Mode of Action of Sulvo 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sulvo 25 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a glass of water. You should take this medicine regularly at the prescribed time.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Sulvo 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medication that neutralises acidity in stomach (containing aluminium and magnesium hydroxide) as they may reduce the effectiveness of the Sulvo Tablet.
- The effect of levosulpiride on gut motility can be altered by muscle relaxants like alkoloids, atropine, dicylomine, painkillers like codeine,opium, ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen.
- Tell your doctor about medications, supplements, herbals you are currently taking to avoid any possible interaction.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Sulvo 25 MG
- Keep this medication out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Store in the original package in order to protect from light.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the label.
- Do not throw the medication via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use.