Sufrate Suspension 200ml
By ESKAG PHARMA PVT LTD
200ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sufrate 1 G Description
Sufrate Susp contains sucralfate as an active agent and is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal ulcers i.e. ulcers in the small intestine
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Sufrate Suspension 200ml
- Macralfate Suspension 100mlBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals100ml Suspension in BottleMRP 160.91₹ 136.77₹
- Macralfate Sugar Free Bottle Of 200ml SuspensionBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals200ml Suspension in BottleMRP 160.91₹ 135.16₹
Uses of Sufrate 1 G
- Gastrointestinal ulcers
Contraindications of Sufrate 1 G
- Allergy to sufrate or any other ingredient of the suspension
- Kidney problems
Side effects of Sufrate 1 G
- Dry mouth
- Back ache
Precautions and Warnings of Sufrate 1 G
Can I take Sufrate Susp during pregnancy?
Do not take this medication without a prescription during pregnancy or planning a pregnancy. Use only after consulting your doctor.Though no adverse events have been reported in animal studies, there is lack of safety data in humans.
Can I take Sufrate Susp while breastfeeding?
You need to discuss with your doctor before using this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother as there is lack of safety studies.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sufrate Susp?
No data have been found to prove the impact of this medicine on driving ability. Please consult your doctor once.
Can I consume alcohol with Sufrate Susp?
It is recommended not to consume alcohol while you are on this medicine. Consult your doctor for more information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from allergy to sufrate or any other ingredient of the suspension
- You are suffering from kidney problems
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are suffering from conditions that impair swallowing, cause cough, history of aspiration, dysphagia, etc.
Mode of Action of Sufrate 1 G
How Does It Work?
Sufrate syrup acts locally by binding to the ulcer site and this forms a protective film that stops the diffusion of hydrogen ions. Sufrate also stops pepsin activity. Thus, the medicine protects ulcer site from the pepsin, bile salts, and acid attack, helping in quick healing....
Directions for Use of Sufrate 1 G
The dosage of Sufrate Susp is based on the best judgement of your doctor based on your health. Do not do any modification to the dosage without consulting a doctor. Take this medicine only via oral route (mouth). Shake the suspension well before using it....
Interactions of Sufrate 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Cimetidine: Sucralfate has tendency to reduce the absorption of cimetidine when taken together
- Digoxin: Sucralfate may reduce the absorption of digoxin when used concomitantly
- Fluoroquinolone antibiotics: Sucralfate may reduce the bioavailability of these antibiotics when used together
- Ketoconazole: Sucralfate may reduce the bioavailability of ketoconazole when used together
- L-thyroxine: Sucralfate has tendency to reduce the absorption of L-thyroxine when taken together
- Phenytoin: Sucralfate may reduce the absorption of phenytoin when used concomitantly
- Quinidine: Sucralfate may reduce the bioavailability of quinidine when used together
- Ranitidine: Sucralfate may reduce the absorption of ranitidine when used concomitantly
- Tetracycline, theophylline: Sucralfate may reduce the absorption of these medications when used concomitantly
- Warfarin: Reduced prothrombin times has been observed with concomitant warfarin and sucralfate use
Storage and disposal of Sufrate 1 G
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store this medicine at normal conditions and away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture. Do not freeze the suspension
- Dispose the medicine if it changes colour, develops particles or becomes cloudy
- Close the cap of the solution tightly after each use
- Follow medical waste management protocol in the disposal of this medicine
Dosage of Sufrate 1 G
Do not take the extra dose of this medicine than the prescribed dose. Extra dose will not benefit you. If you take it accidentally, visit your doctor. Mostly there are no symptoms of overdose, though you may feel indigestion, pain in abdomen, vomiting, and nausea....
Missed a Dose
As soon as you remember about the missed dose, please take it. If it is the time to take your next dose, skip the missed one. Do not double the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can long-term use of Sufrate Susp cause cancer?
A: No, the you can take this medicine without any fear for the prescribed duration.
Q: Does this medicine suitable for children?
A: No, this medicine is not studied in children. Do not give it to your child unless specifically recommended by your doctor.
Q: Can Sufrate Susp be taken with food?
A: This medicine should be taken 1 hour before meal or 2 hours after meal for maximum effect.
- Sucralfate [Internet]. Mskcc.org. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.mskcc.org/pdf/cancer-care/patient-education/sucralfate-01
- CARAFATE® [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 13 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/018333s034,019183s016lbl.pdf
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.